Chapter Nineteen: My Runaway Mate...

References: Cylia is Gabriel's mate and a witch as mentioned in a past chapter. Ace is a vampire and Christian is too. Jacques and Gabriel are Mikhail's brothers. Mikhail called the Alpha's of the continent to a meeting to help him. Any other questions, ask me. Enjoy the chapter. 

Chapter Nineteen: My Runaway Mate…

I took a glance around the room at the various Alphas that were seated throughout the hotel’s conference room. There were a lot more than I had expected. America had a ton of packs for what reason I didn’t know. In Europe we weren’t so separated. It was natural to have packs with thousands of members. These Americans were so segregated that it didn’t make sense. They had no true form of unity and yet they hated the royal city because we all lived as one large pack there. My pack there was larger than half of their packs put together. I didn’t know why they thought that having smaller packs that they had the better deal. It wasn’t the case. I didn’t know what kind of stick these Americans had up their butts, but within the two hour wait that it had taken to get these unpunctual and unruly Americans in this room and organized…Back at home, my pack and I would have already gotten down to business and been.

Not only were they disorganized and unruly, they were disrespectful. I had never seen so many blatant looks of disrespect in my life. They had barely showed any respect to me. The most respect came from smaller packs. They made rude and outrageous comments, which were quite frankly pissing me off. I was started to get highly annoyed by the loudness of these packs. Some Alphas were arguing freely with others. Enemy packs were glaring at each other ruthlessly and I could hear one of the groups arguing over a sitting arrangement. I took a deep breath and stood to my feet expectantly. Instead of the instant silence and organization that I was used to from my pack, they continued on with only the packs closet to me coming to attention.

I had had enough of this. Didn’t they know who I was? What I was capable of doing to them? I wasn’t the royal wolf because of my looks or my family. I was the royal wolf because I was of what I was capable of. It was time to put these damn arrogant Americans in their place. I was already heated enough. Jade had somehow managed to escape me again. My pack was aware of this and so were others. She was embarrassing me and when I got a hold of that brat…I gritted my teeth angrily. Damn her and damn these Americans. I could see where she was getting her ideas, if these packs were any sign.

“Enough,” I roared, my voice echoing throughout the room.

Everyone froze and turned facing me. Fear came into some of their eyes and others looked surprised. I knew it had something to do with the fact that I hadn’t been to America often. They didn’t think that I had authority over them. They’d see soon enough. Without a word of warning, I waved one arm and sent anyone who was standing on their feet crashing into a chair. I didn’t care whose pack they ended up sitting with. All I cared about was them shutting the hell up and listening so that we could begin the search for my mate. I hadn’t known her long but I could already feel the pain of my wolf. I felt incomplete. She was what made me whole. In the few days I had known her, she had astounded me, captivated me with her wit and actions. She had bewitched me without trying. I couldn’t get her off of my mind and I wanted her back. I wanted her in my arms. I wanted to be able to look down into those fiery emerald green eyes of her and see the challenge. I wanted to kiss her again. I wanted to do so many things to my mate but she wasn’t here and that needed to be rectified immediately.

I looked around the room again and noticed the silence and that all attention was on me. This was the way it should have been from the beginning.

“W-what are we doing here?” one of the men in the front row of seats, asked timidly.