Chapter Five: Why Can't I Just Have One Measly Moment Of Peace On My Cloud Nine?

Chapter Five: Why Can’t I Just Have One Measly Moment Of Peace On My Cloud Nine?

When I stepped off the plane later on that night, all I saw was a crowd of people and in my attire I got a lot of stares from people. I was wearing a pair of all black short shorts, a pink and black spaghetti strapped shirt with fishnet stocking under the shorts and ankle high heeled boots. My white blonde hair hung to my waist moving with each step I took and I wore a pair of shades that concealed my eyes. With my three suitcases which were carried by some guy in the pack that my dad had sent to travel with me, I felt a bit excited as I looked around seeing shops and people who I had never seen before.

As I heard a familiar song play over the speakers in the speaker, I squealed and started move to the beat of it. I was that happy. People were looking at me like I was crazy but I saw human males looking me over with appreciation. I danced my way to a McDonald’s that was located inside the airport and went in. Going over to the cashier, I asked for frozen strawberry lemonade. He grinned at me and started the process of making it and I smiled. Hearing a song from the eighties playing I grinned and nodded my head to the beat of it. It was on the sound track of my favorite movie with Molly Ringwald, “Sixteen Candles”. The name of the song was “If You Were Here.”

While he poured the drink into the cup, I looked around and noticed that there was a cute little boy with big blue eyes, staring at me with a goofy grin on his face as he sat in his high chair. I grinned and waved at him. He grinned at me and I walked over to him, looking at his mother who was smiling.

“He’s sooo cute,” I said. 

She smiled. “Thank you. You’re not from around here are you?”

I shook my head. “No, how did you know?”

“The accent,” she said.

I smiled and walked back up to the cashier and he handed me the drink as I paid cash for it. He handed me a piece of paper with his number on it and I winked at him flirtatiously. I didn’t know whether to call him or not because I wasn’t really looking for a relationship, however, he was simply gorgeous I had to admit. With short blonde hair, large sapphire blue eyes and perfect features, he had my attention easily.

I left out of there sipping on the drink and walked with the guy (who I later found out was named Trent) carrying my suitcases to the limo that was reserved for us as the sign said. Sitting in the limo on the way to my aunt’s I felt excited as we passed fancy houses and even Beverly Hills. When the limo finally stopped, it stopped at a huge mansion that looked like something off of MTV Cribs.

Getting out I watched with wide eyes as a woman with long black hair and brown eyes approached me with a man who had brown hair and blue eyes. I smiled and knew this was my aunt. She had my dad’s long dark hair and his coffee brown eyes.

“Jade, my god you’re beautiful…I haven’t seen you since you were a baby. You probably don’t remember me but I was there.”

 I smiled. She was right I didn’t remember her but the warm way that she greeted me told me that me and her would get along just fine. “Well it’s nice to meet you Aunt Rebecca…and I hope to get to know you well over the time that I’m here.”

She looked at me curiously. “Your father didn’t tell me why he was so urgent in sending you here you…”

I looked at her and smiled tightly. Why hadn’t he told her? Was there a reason?

“Well there’s this wolf and he wanted to claim me and dad wasn’t happy about it and I don’t want to be mated right now…when Dad first saw him he was so scared but angry,” I said remembering my dad’s facial expression.

“What does the wolf look like?” she asked exchanging a look with her mate.

“Well he was this big tan wolf with amethyst purple eyes,” I said watching her carefully.

She gasped and stared at me with her jaw slack. “Jade do you have any idea of who that wolf is—“

“Rebecca its possible it’s not Mikhail, it could be someone else…” her mate said interrupting her.

I looked at him my eyes wide. “How did you know his name was Mikhail?” I asked.

Rebecca stared at me with fear in her eyes. “Oh my god, what has my brother got me into?” she whimpered. “He’s going to come look for her and kill whoever tries to stop him…you know how ruthless he is Lucas.”

“Yes, I’m well aware of ruthless my cousin is and if he claims she is his mate, he will move heaven and hell to find her. He won’t stop looking and he will track her here and be pissed at the both of us. Are you sure about this, Rebecca?”

I stood watching them with my mouth agape. Where they really sitting here contemplating on whether to send me back or not? What the hell had I gotten myself into was the real question? And why were they so terrified of him? It was time to find out some answers and immediately. I watched them argue for a few minutes more and then I interrupted them.

“Aunt Rebecca, why are you guys so scared of him?”

“Oh, honey you don’t understand, do you? Your father must not have told you about Mikhail and what he is…”

I stared a feeling of dread starting to engulf me. The way the two of them had been carrying on had led to my belief that Mikhail was a royal, which I had already suspected. When I first met and felt that power radiating off of him. If he was I was so screwed…

“Jade,” my aunt responded after a five minute pause. “Mikhail isn’t just a royal wolf. He is the royal wolf. He is the most powerful wolf that any of us have ever encountered and he is going to be pissed about you leaving him.”

“And he will not give up so easily,” Lucas added.

For the first time I looked up at him and saw that he had the same purple amethyst eyes that Mikhail and in that instance as I felt him staring, I knew that he was coming and fast. He would not be delayed and I was shit out of luck unless I left my aunt’s house.