Chapter Thirty-Seven: Believe

Have patience. I’m pretty sure that you’re sad (well if you believe that Jade’s dead) and still on the edge hoping she’ll come back. For those of you who believe she’s alive and/or will find a way back to getting well, you’re probably sitting back like: Don’t prove me wrong. All of you read on and figure it out. xD Remember things aren’t always as they appear.

Chapter Thirty-Seven: Believe

I studied the occupants of the room with a close eye. What were these Brimstone Pack members thinking? I wondered as I stared down at my pale and still body. I stepped back away from Mikhail seeing him turn around and look at me. I waved a hand smiling, but I quickly realized that he couldn’t see me. I frowned and then turned around and continued studying the room.

Where the hell was that Alpha?

I wanted to get my hands on that bastard and do some real harm.  Alias, I couldn’t. I had just been convincing Mikhail not to kill him. Not for the obvious reasons that I mentioned but because I didn’t want it on Mikhail’s conscious. I didn’t want Mikhail to possibly be consider by other weres as specially privileged because he was the king. By that I meant that I didn’t want them thinking that he was disobeying the laws and thinking that he was above the same laws that applied to them.

I didn’t want Mikhail being accused of things that could be prevented. There was also the factor of me having a vision about the effects of Mikhail killing the Alpha. The effects weren’t pretty and I’d rather not go down that road with Mikhail. Turning my attention back to the mourning people in front of me a frown formed on my face. I couldn’t believe what was happening to me. What was going on? How could I be there, yet be standing here with no one to see me? I was fine. If I was dead, then wouldn’t I be somewhere else?

I didn’t know, maybe somewhere like heaven or hell? I hadn’t been an angel and I hadn’t been a devil. Sure, I had been a bitch at times but that was just me. What was this an in-between or something along those lines? I sighed. I wanted to hold Mikhail and wipe away the stress lines that were appearing on his face. I wanted to go over to my mom and hug her and reassure her and my dad that everything was going exceptionally fine for me. Except that maybe it wasn’t. I was here with my transparent and unsolid form. I was like a ghostly apparition. I didn’t want to believe was dead. I almost believed that I could just step back into my body and open my eyes. Yet, I knew that this wasn’t some fairy tale where the girl was half-dead and on the verge of recovering simply by the male’s tears, and her own will to live.

I wanted to live. I didn’t feel dead. So, I believed I was alive. Maybe this was some otherworld experience where I was supposed to learn something. Perhaps, it was something more like Avatar: The Last Airbender, where Aang was simply visiting the Spirit World. When he visited there he wasn’t dead, but a spirit separated from his body. Was I something like that? Maybe I was just outside of my body for the time being.

My gaze moved down to Mikhail once more and I frowned. It saddened me. it saddened my soul and my wolf to see him like that.

Go to him, my wolf ordered.

I rolled my eyes. You think I haven’t already tried, I snarled back at her. He can’t see us! He doesn’t know we exist!

Try more, she ordered. We can’t lose him.

I shook my head. Damn wolf, I thought, always frustrating the hell out of me. She rarely ever managed to speak to me because I had her under tight lock and key. It would appear that whatever alternate plane we were on, she had full control of herself. She wasn’t going to have me jumping his bones like some crazed ass bitch in heat. If it was all up to her, we’d be all over Mikhail and his wolf. We’d already be pregnant with his pups and fully mated. I didn’t see things that way. We were often in disagreement when it came to how a woman and man should be together. She thought that wolf logics should apply, meaning that when a man and woman met if they felt the attraction they should act on it. She believed in the way of the wolf completely.