Chapter Sixteen: Beguiling...

            I turned over on the bed as I thought about Ace and Mikhail. I couldn’t sleep because they were both running through my mind. I had a mate who was obnoxiously annoying and over controlling and a man who wouldn’t explain to me what I was to him. I knew that there was more to the story than what he was saying. I mean he wouldn’t follow me around and take the actions he had in Harbor Springs if that was the case. He’d be doing a lot less if it was the case. I was curious to know more about him suddenly. I wanted to know exactly what he was and how he knew where to find me.

“So are you one of these mentioned outside species?” I asked curiously.

            Excitement filled me at the idea that I was meeting the first of outside of our kind. I knew it was ignorant of me to assume that werewolves were the only other kind out there but it was all I had grown up around. My parents had never mentioned the possibilities of other supernatural beings. Although, I must admit the idea of elves and fairies highly amused me. I mean I had only seen them on TV and on there they were always in cartoon animation. The sexiest elf I had ever seen had been Legolis off of “Lord of the Rings” and he had been played by Orlando Bloom. Now that right there was a sexy man. For a great deal of my younger years I had been infatuated with him.

            Ace looked at me and smiled widely exposing his pearly white teeth. “Now what would make you think that I’m not just another werewolf?” he asked arching an eyebrow.

            I laughed. Was he serious? First he had a completely different scent than that of the normal werewolf. Secondly, he moved faster than any werewolf I had ever seen run. I had assumed he was a werewolf but what if he really was one of those other species? What if he was just the beginning of other species that had the ability to blend in effortlessly with our kind? I sighed as I looked at Ace and realized the potential danger.

            “I don’t know but why don’t you answer the question?”

            He grinned. “What do you think I am?” he asked.

            I sighed and gave up. He wasn’t going to answer the question and I was just going to go with the assumption that he was at least some proportion of werewolf.

            A few hours later I sat in the living room downstairs watching one of the newer Dracula movies. As I watched in disgust a blonde ran pathetically across the screen. I knew she was going to die, hell anyone who watched the movie knew. It was actresses like her and the settings in movies like these that had people believing that most blondes were airheads who just wanted to party and have sex. It was a stupid stereotype and I hated it. It was like in the beginning of “Scary Movie.” That dumb blonde Drew had been running away from the killer and took the death path instead of the live path. She had been caught and killed because of her dumb need to stop and pose at the sprinklers. It had been amusing but nevertheless it made blondes all over look bad. It gave people the idea that we were plastic Barbie wannabes. Rarely ever anyone believed me when I tried to tell them that my white blonde hair wasn’t the work of a stylist. I would never be stupid enough to bleach my hair. It would cause a stain and make my hair fragile.

            I pulled my feet up underneath me and watched as Dracula sunk his teeth into her jugular and put an end to her life. I shook my head in disgust and grabbed the remote flicking through channels. I stopped when I saw Leonardo DiCaprio’s face go across the screen. A smile formed across my face as I recognized the moving playing immediately. “Titanic”, my all-time favorite movie, Leonardo did a really good job in that movie.