Chapter 3

This was real. She was in the past.
I mean, this is my present now. 2016.

A lot of things popped up in her head. The events that had occurred to her, to them in those two years. This meant that she could make different choices to save their relationship.

She thought back.

Hobi and I had our first date exactly a week after our meeting at the library. She could still remember that day, like yesterday.

That day, she was again at the library. She had lots of assignments to do and the library was empty for some reason. And a good thing that was.

From across the library, a tall thin boy in a yellow hoodie and olive snapback had noticed me. He had recognized me from the accident the previous week and had decided to say hello.

With a sudden thud he kept his books on the table. "Hey," he had said as he smiled. It took her a second to recollect who he was.

"Hey!" She exclaimed as she remembered, "How are you?"
"I should be asking that question. I'm sorry I was so clumsy," he replied and took the chair beside her.
"I'm the clumsy one. I fell over just because of a few books!" She replied.
"Well, I am strong. My turn was probably that powerful."
She chuckled at his answer. His eyes, his lips, his whole face lit up as he smiled at her.

Ping!
Her phone chimed at the sudden notification that brought her back from her daze. It was Lia.

"Assignment due on monday? I have to deal with these as well?" She said out loud as she smacked her palm against her forehead. There were a few other unread messages as well and she skipped through them.

Though it was just two years, Amy found her clothes to be out of her taste. "I can't believe I used to wear this," she mumbled while she picked her outfit that day. It was the day she was waiting for.

A week had gone by. The country had won the Worldcup. A pop star had gotten married. She remembered how, the first time, she had cried her eyes out but had also wished him well. One of her cousins topped in her college, there was an accident in town and there was a sale at G&M.

But all Amy did was half heartedly finish her assignments, stalk Hobi every day and return to her room. Even Lia seemed to be missing. Since she and Lia had fallen out of contact after college, she figured its okay to not keep in touch with her this time.

**

Hiding behind her book, she peeped over it. Hobi was sitting just a few tables ahead, facing her. Mostly he'd study, occasionally text someone and run his hand through his hair.

She smiled. Hobi used to do that gesture to impress her. He knew she loved his fluffy hair.

"Hey!"
She looked to her side and found a boy smiling at her.
"How are you now?"

She couldn't recollect who he was or how she knew him. Was he just playing with her? She wondered.

Watching her face scrunch in confusion, he said, "We met last week. I carried you out to the bench when you had fainted here in the library?"

"I'm so sorry!" She replied with wide eyes, "My brain was so scattered that day."
"I figured," said the boy as he smiled. He put forward a hand and said, "Hi. I'm-"

Just then she saw Hobi take his books and leave. Right outside the library was where the two were supposed to meet. She immediately grabbed her things and ran out.

"Hobi!" She called out his name once she was out of the library.

Speaking his name, it felt odd to her.

He turned around upon hearing his name and saw her. As soon as their eyes met, her heart skipped a beat.

I must be incredibly lucky to live through this again, she thought with a subtle smile.

"Hi... Hobi," she said, still finding it difficult to take her eyes off him. Hosoek watched her with a quizzical expression. Suddenly his eyes lit up with familiarity.

"Hey! The girl who fainted!" He said and she felt herself flush with embarrassment.