Chapter 11

A draft of cold air and she opened her eyes. Immediately she drank some water to quench her thirst.

Let's rewind, she thought.

Hobi and I had our first date a week from today. So, I can't rush him for tomorrow or any day this week. I cannot be too eager this time.

Before Lia could ask her to issue her books, Amy stood up and left to the line in the front. She didn't want to even see Lia's face at this point. She knew she had to make Hobi notice her, and make him ask her out, just like the first time.

Occupying her usual spot behind him, she thought of what to do. Then, she coughed quite loudly. The entire library turned to look at her, hence obviously did Hobi. Watching her cough, Hobi kept his books on the counter and came to her help.

"I need water," she said with great difficulty amidst her coughs. As she expected, Hobi took out his bottle from his bag and gave it to her. He had such a kind soul.

A week later, Amy got ready for their first date. She hummed as she combed her hair. The week had gone pretty well and they constantly kept in touch. With a bit of back and forth flirting, it was very sweet. He was very sweet. She smiled to herself.

She hadn't told Lia about their date. She didn't want Lia to know and she believed there was no reason for Lia to know.

Hobi had suggested going to the cafe uphill for their first date. But the images from a previous try were fresh in Amy's brain. She had flat out refused and suggested the carnival instead. She knew Hobi loved going to the carnival.

An hour later, Amy walked to the entrance of the carnival. It was crowded. Couples walking hand in hand, children running as they screamed on the top of their lungs, bubbles, cotton candy, roller coaster, the ship and many other rides. Amidst it all stood, with a beautiful smile, her Hobi.

His fluffy hair, can't stress it enough, his radiant smile and bright face are what she wanted to always see in him. He stood out from everyone and everything around him.

He was talking to someone who left as she approached him. Watching the man walk away, she asked, "Who is that?"

"He is just my classmate. He dropped me here."

"Oh. Is everything okay?" she asked.

"Yeah. He is just looking for an apartment right now and wanted my help," replied Hobi.

"Okay. Let's go then?" Amy asked as she led the way.

The crowd, the noise, the fun. They all felt new to her. It was as if the past few weeks had never happened and this was the reality. Sure, she didn't feel those butterflies anymore. But she felt peace.

They played a few games and rode a few rides. They ate some snacks and watched the sea from the deck. As the sun disappeared into the ocean, the yellow sky turned orange to a navy blue. The wind had gotten chillier and soon all the lights were on. To any distance they could see spots of yellow lights in the infinite blue, and it was beautiful.