Chapter 22

College cafeteria provided food that was affordable. This was the reason, a lot of students had their lunch there even though there was not much variety.

Even if it was nine in the morning or six in the evening, the cafeteria was packed with students chatting away. It was open 24/7 and even the night school students spent time there even if just for a little while.

Among the crowd that was the cafeteria, it was difficult to pinpoint and find anyone. This was why Amy always chose to go there. She would have chosen the library but she was afraid of running into someone else. 

"Here is your Latte. Enjoy," Amy said as she placed the tray carrying two cups of the said beverage on the table.

"Thankyou!" said Jimin as he watched her take her seat. "I'm glad the assignment has been completed well and easily. Thankyou for being my partner," he said as he took his beverage. 

"I'm just glad it's over. And you did most of the work. So, thank you for being my partner!" Amy said.

"By the way," Jimin drank a gulp and said, "Your phone rang while you were away."

Amy checked her missed calls and found it was-

"Your mother. She had called," said Jimin.

Amy nodded as she gave an unconvincing smile and placed her phone back on the table. Jimin watched her.

"Aren't you going to call back?" He asked. 

"Later," Amy tried to rush past his question. 

Jimin detected the tension and said as he nodded knowingly, "Okay…"

As the noise in their surrounding remained constantly high, Amy found herself, lost in a trance...

"Amy? Amy?" 

When her vision focused again, she saw Jimin wave in front of her eyes. 

"Where were you? I was asking you something," he said. Amy shook her head.

"I'm sorry I was… lost. Anyway what is it?" She answered. 

"It has been two weeks since we met. All we have done are assignments. You want to do something fun?" He asked.

"Fun?" Amy was puzzled. 

"Yeah! We'll do anything you want. Anything! Only lucky people get to hangout with me. You shouldn't waste this opportunity," he said, raising his eyebrows playfully. 

"Lucky?" Amy laughed, "I'm not lucky, Jimin."

"But you are!" He said leaning forward towards her from across the table, "Why else would I be offering you this opportunity? I'm a very fun person, you know?" 

Amy smiled. 

Just then, his phone rang. 

"One second," said Jimin as he took it. Amy sneaked a peek and she saw the name of the caller. It was Hobi. Her smile fell.

As Jimin talked on the phone, he noticed Amy get lost in thoughts again. "Right right. Thankyou Hobi. I'll call you then," he said as he cut the phone. 

"That was Hobi. You remember him from the library? He gave you water. He is helping me look for an apartment," Jimin said, bringing Amy back to reality again. 

Amy gave him a weak smile. 

Jimin could detect that something was bringing her down. He had several guesses and at this point was sure about all of them. 

Jimin watched her for a second in silence, and Amy noticed the sudden change in his gaze. 

"Amy!" He hit the surface of the table lightly as he spoke, "Let's go somewhere. Anywhere! And I'll prove it to you that you are the luckiest person alive."

Watching the sudden energy oozing from the boy seated opposite her, her eyes widened in amusement. Then, she thought. 

"Luckiest person alive?" She asked. Jimin nodded with a smile. 

Filled with determination she said, "I'd love to challenge fate. Let's do it!" 

"Great! Where do you want to go?" He asked. 

She thought and answered slowly, "I have a few places in mind."  

For the next few weeks, Jimin had the weirdest experiences of his life. 

--
A/N
Nothing really. I'm just very grateful for your existence. Hope you are all having fun reading💜