Chapter 29

1.5 years later.

"Can you atleast tell me who is coming?" 

"Then it wouldn't be a surprise now would it?" 

Amy pouted at Hobi's response as she set the table. Both had dressed in a crisp avatar. Amy in a yellow knee length dress, hair in a bun with ruby lips, while Hobi was dressed in a casual suite, hair parted from one side showing off his forehead. 

Checking his hair one more time, Hobi turned to the dining area only to see Amy stand still and smile at him.

"What?" He asked. 

"You look so dashing tonight," she said with a smile.

"Aaah," he stepped closer to her, put his arms around her waist and said, "I'll never get tired of you saying that." Amy laughed. 

"You look beautiful too," he said in a deep raspy voice.

"Of course you'd think so. Yellow is your favorite colour," she said. 

He kissed her cheek and said, "No, green is my favorite color. Yellow is yours." Amy smiled though she was confused, and watched him walk away.

The table was set with fresh linen they had kept for special occasions and beautiful plates they had bought just a week prior. Hobi and Amy had prepared all the fresh dishes together since afternoon. There were starters, mains and a dessert. Amy had to admit, Hobi was a good cook.

Just then, the doorbell rang. 

"I'll get it," said Hobi as he dashed towards the door. Amy stood on her toes in excitement to see who the guest was.

Sitting around the small dining table, Amy was however on edge. Hobi occasionally sipped water from his glass due to the tension. It was just the three of them. Hobi, Amy and Amy's mother.

Amy refused to meet eyes with her mother. However she held her knife pointing towards her, which kind of scared Hobi. 

"Mmm it's good!" said her mother as she tried a piece of chicken. 

"Amy made it," Hobi said, trying to lighten up the mood.

"That's a lie. Hobi made it," Amy corrected him without any delay. 

"Well it's really good! Now you can teach Amy too!" Said her mother, "She doesn't know much."

"It's not like you were there to teach me," Amy spoke again. 

Her mother sighed. She placed the knife and fork on the table, relaxed her back on the chair and said, "Look Amy. I came because I thought we could talk things out and get past our issues, move on."

Amy scoffed. "You don't want to move on mum. You have already moved on. I don't know what kind of drama you are trying to create here."

"I'm not creating any drama. I really want us to be close again."

"Like when I was a child? Because that was the last time we were close," said Amy.

"And I heard that you stopped drawing Amy," said her mother, "Why? You used to love doing it!"

"None of your business. It's my wish what to do and what not. And how do you know about that?" Amy turned to Hobi, "Did you say something?"

Hobi sighed and said, "I was just making conversation with her."

Amy turned back to her mother, "Hobi and I are being practical. Art or music is good but it won't fill our stomach. We needed to be more practical and look for more stable jobs. Even Hobi's parents think so."

"But does Hobi think so?" asked her mother.