Chapter 32

A draft of cold air on her face and she woke up immediately from her sleep. 

Amy looked around her. It was the exact same scene. Students, books, pens scribbling, groups doing assignments, everything was the same. 

"Arghhhh!!"

Feeling frustrated, she pulled on her hair and let out a cry of agony. A few students sitting around her looked at her and gave her weird looks. Some shushed her. Amy didn't care.

"What the f*ck?!" She cursed.

Just then, a tap on her shoulder causes her to turn around and see. It was Lia, on cue.

"Amy, come on. We must go. Issue your books."

Amy stared at her as she walked away. As Lia neared the library door, that was when her eyes fell on Hoseok. Standing in the line with his books, like every other time. 

Sitting idle, Amy simply watched him. She watched him wait for his turn. But she did not move.

She watched as he issued his books. But she did not move.

Then, Lia walked back into the library and approached him. Still, she did not move from her seat.

Soon, Hoseok gave Lia his number and both of them walked out of the library. But Amy did not move, not even a bit,  not even at all. 

She stared at the library door before looking away.

And then, her eyebrows furrowed. 

There he was again. Hobi.
He was walking towards the line, again. As soon as he stood there, there was a tap on her shoulder, again.

Amy watched Lia say, "Amy come on. We must go. Issue your books," and walk away from her, again. 

Lia then walled out of the library, walked in again, got Hobi's number and then they walked out together. Amy watched in silence. 

For the third time, she watched Hobi stand in line, Lia walk past Amy to the library door, and then walk back in to approach Hobi. 

"Really? Are you really done with him?" 

This question caught Amy by surprise. When she turned around to see the poser of the question, she was baffled.

The whole library had suddenly gone still. Strands of hair that were fluttering were stuck in mid air. Pages that were turning stood at odd angles. Pens that were writing bore into the paper.

Even Hobi and Lia were stuck amidst their conversation. Each and every object, living or non living had frozen on the spot. Well all except Amy and him.

Fluffy black hair parted from one side, exposed forehead, full pink lips, lean but muscular body with a mischievous smile. 

It was Jimin, who had asked her the question. 

He pulled the chair beside her and sat down, as she stared at him. 

"What?" She asked, "What's going on?" 

"I'm talking about Hobi of course!" Jimin answered as he pointed at the library door beside which Hoseok stood with Lia. 

"How do you know about Hobi?" Amy asked again. "How are you moving? What is happening?"

Jimin clicked his tongue in disappointment. "I thought you were smarter Amy. I'm the one running this whole fiasco. Why wouldn't I know?" 

Amy watched him with confusion.
"I don't understand… Aren't you a college student here?" She asked him.

"Am I?" He leaned in and asked, "Had you seen me before?"

Amy thought for a while and said, "I don't remember you. But I could be wrong."

"Think Amy. Really think," Jimin pestered her and Amy thought back. 

Was Jimin there before? Was he in my class? Did he ever live in the apartment next to Hobi and I? 

"I don't know…" she said clutching her head in her hands. 

Jimin crossed his legs and placed both his hands on his knee. He said, "I am what they call the 'Devil'. When you had decided to end your life, you basically offered your soul to me."