Chapter 12

As they made their way through the crowd, she did something commencing her full courage. 

She held his hand. Initially, though he was taken by surprise, later he chuckled. Then, he smiled as they walked hand in hand, interlacing their fingers.

"You want to go on that?" 

Amy looked up. Over her head was a huge construction of a metal track. The wind gushed against their hair as the car went by with full speed.

"I do. But don't you feel scared?" She asked him as she combed her hair with her fingers. She knew he was scared of the roller coaster and she was the daring one among the two. She had known him for two years after all.

"I'm not scared. I'm just worried about you," he replied. 

She smiled. She knew he was lying to look cool in front of her. Watching him look up at the huge construction with awe, she had different ideas. 

"Let's go then," she said and pulled him along with her to the line.

A few minutes later, they were on the ride. Being a huge fan of the ride, she chose to sit in the front. 

"The view is brilliant if you sit in the front," she said feeling excited. Upon hearing no response she glanced at Hobi. He looked a bit tense.

"Are you scared?" She asked, placing her hand over his. At the touch, he looked at her hand and then at her. With a soft smile he replied, "I am a bit. But I have always wanted to ride a rollercoaster. I guess I should face my fears at least once." 

Amy gave him a reassuring smile and said, "Well I think you are very brave to be doing this." He returned her smile. 

Soon it began. Initially it was a slow ride as they rode uphill. At the top, it was so slow that Amy wondered if it was stuck. But then its entire potential energy being converted to its kinetic energy and the cars rode down with full speed. Amy screamed at the top of her lungs as the cars sped up. Her hands were up in the air and hair flew behind her in the wind. She glanced at Hobi who was screaming weirdly himself. Hearing this, she laughed. Though he looked scared, she could tell that he was enjoying the rush.

Then, she heard a distinct sound of metal clang. A second later, the car shook violently as it rode on the track. Within a second, screams of fun had turned into screams of terror. She could hear certain screams move away from the car, and she could hear certain screams stop all of a sudden. As her heart beat in her chest as violently like the ride, she clutched tight onto the safety bars. She glanced at the boy next to her. With a pale face, he sat extremely quiet like a statue of limestone. 

"Hobi?" she nearly murmured. 

He slowly turned his face to look at her. A tear escaped his eye as his lip quivered. She couldn't feel anything. 

"I'm sorry..." she mouthed, but no voice emanated from her throat. 

Suddenly, the bars came up and she felt herself fly off the ride. Her vision turned dark right after she heard her head hit the metal track.