Chapter 24

Jimin stared at her for an entire minute. Then he spoke.

"You are asking me out? Are you asking me out?" 

Amy nodded.

"Me?" Jimin asked, pointing at himself. 

Amy nodded again. 

"Why?" 

As Amy opened her mouth to answer he said, "No wait. Uh…"

Amy watched Jimin get lost in his brain, trying to frame the proper question. 

"Jimin, don't think too much. We have practically been sort of going out for the past few days. I'm just asking you if we can make it official."

Jimin stood quietly for a minute or so, thinking. Then, he looked at her in the eye and with an evil smile said, "Okay. Let's go out then. This should be fun."

Amy slightly laughed at his reaction. 

From the next day, Amy and Jimin made it obvious to everyone that they were dating. Holding hands, sitting in class, walking into the class, walking out of class, eating lunch, studying and spending free time. They did everything together. And Amy smiled the entire time. 

The sun was shining bright, the birds were chirping loud, butterflies flew everywhere. All this lasted for about two weeks. 

"Amy! Here is your coffee. Careful, it's hot," Jimin said as he placed the tray in front of her. "Thanks," she said in a low voice, barely smiling. 

Jimin tore open his sugar packet, poured it in and mixed it well, all the while observing Amy. Amy did the same routine, but was just oblivious to the attention she received from Jimin. 

As soon as Amy replaced her cup of coffee on the table, Jimin caught her hand. Taken aback, Amy stared at him. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing," Amy gave a fake smile and shook her head. 

"I have been noticing for a while now. You seem… different. Is something bothering you?" He asked. 

Amy didn't know what he was talking about. She was with him, wasn't she? She was walking around with him, giving him attention, being a good girlfriend, wasn't she? 

"Hey man."

Their conversation was interrupted as a new person dropped in suddenly. It was Hobi.

He took the seat beside Jimin and started talking, "About the apartment. I can talk to the landlord if you want. I was thinking on Saturday-" 

Amy felt her heart race a million times faster. Her head started spinning. Her breath, heavy.

Meanwhile, Hobi and Jimin were in deep conversation. Wanting to just leave, she immediately struggled to pull her hand out of Jimin's grip. 

Feeling her hand restless in his, he turned to her and said, "Just a second Amy. We'll go together." This was when Hobi noticed her. 

"Amy? Hi. I'm Hobi," Hobi introduced himself. Amy sat still, unable to react. Hobi turned to Jimin and continued, "So this is the big change in your life huh? Nice."

Jimin laughed.

Hobi turned to Amy again, "Dear lady, you are so beautiful."

While Hobi smiled pleasantly, Amy just stared at him. 

Upon getting no response, Hobi continued, "Didn't you have long hair? I liked it. If he wasn't in the picture," Hobi pointed to Jimin, "I would have asked you out."