Chapter 23

One day, Jimin and Amy visited the cafe uphill.

On the way, Amy insisted on buying him flowers. She ran across the road to a small flower shop on the way. After spending almost half an hour there, she picked a rose all the while looking around as if searching for someone.

At the cafe, she ordered a lemon cheese cake and Jimin ordered a chocolate pastry. While Jimin enjoyed his pastry, Amy was restless, again looking around waiting for someone.

Or something? Jimin wondered.

Finally Jimin finished his entire pastry and whatever Amy had refused to finish, as she sulked in her chair.

A week later, they went to the carnival.
It was jam packed as it was the last day. Jimin had to hold her hand multiple times to not lose her in the crowd.
However, they had fun. They went on the craziest rides, ate street food, watched the sunset. Amy had insisted on riding the roller coaster. Jimin loved it! And it seemed like Amy loved it too as she had decided to ride it three times.

Though again, all the while even though she was looking around, Jimin felt like she had fun.

Over the next few days, Amy dragged Jimin to the park. One day, they sat silently by the lake.

Another day, they simply walked around.

Another day, they played frisbee. Throughout the game, both Jimin and Amy laughed their hearts out at how bad they were. Soon Jimin got the hang of it and began teaching her as well. After enjoying so much for those few hours, Jimin was ready to go to the park with Amy anyday, anytime.

However, Jimin found the bridge as the weirdest destination.
One afternoon, either of them just stood at the bridge, staring at a distance. The wind was gentle and sweet. The sun was kind.

"Well, not that weird I guess," Jimin said breaking the silence.

"Hmmm?" Amy looked at him. Jimin shook his head with a smile. He felt peace radiating from Amy. There was a very positive energy around her.

Is she finally fine? He wondered.

Am I? Amy wondered the same.

Past few days had been exhilarating, relaxing and healing for her. She had never thought that she could ever feel this way.

Was it because I had stopped pursuing something? She thought.

"This is nice," Jimin said, enjoying the wind.

Or was it because of the company I had? Amy wondered.

"Your hair is so long and pretty," Jimin said watching her hair dance in the breeze.

"Yeah..." said Amy, "Time to cut it off."

Two hours later, Amy stood in front of Jimin. Mouth agape, he stared at her transformation. Her long silky hair was cut short to her shoulder.

"Why?" He asked her.

"Just wanted to get rid of some unwanted weight," Amy said as she shrugged.

"You look pretty either way," said Jimin with a smile. Amy found it adorable.

"Jimin," she addressed him.
"Yeah?" Asked, the wide eyed boy.

Amy took in a deep breath, and asked, "Will you go out with me?"