Final Chapter

"Devil? Off- offered my soul?" Amy stuttered. Jimin nodded. 

"But I- I don't want to offer my soul," said Amy as she moved away from him.

Jimin sighed.

"It's a deal between God and I. You don't need to worry about it." He said as he waved his arm swatting away something invisible. 

Amy stared at him with fear. 

"Okay. Tell me why did you not go after Hobi this time?" Jimin asked again.

Amy thought.

"Because… Because there seems to be no hope for us. I have tried countless times to make it work. Initially it felt like a joke. I had to see him with Lia! I had to even see him die over and over! And even then I tried my best. Finally, I had made it through two whole years with him and then I was back to square one. But I guess…"

Amy paused, and then continued, "I guess maybe we aren't meant to be. Maybe we were never meant to be..." 

Jimin nodded. 

"The number of times I lost him to Lia, I wonder if I was the one who came in between them… Watching all that has been hell for me." 

Jimin shrugged and said, "Well, that's the whole point."

After being lost for a few seconds, Amy turned to Jimin and asked slowly, "Am I dead?"

Jimin sighed. He raised his eyebrows and said, "Not exactly. But you are in your hell. This is just a glimpse, of course."

"Hell?" Asked Amy.

"Yes."

"Glimpse?"

"Yes. This was your dying wish, to come back and save your relationship with Hobi. Everytime you fail, you start over."

Jimin raised both his arms playfully and said, "I am guilty of having my own fun with your loop. I get bored and sometimes I intervene."

"The frisbee death was not funny," said Amy with a stern expression. 

"It was a little funny," Jimin giggled to which Amy shook her head.

He continued, "I liked our dates too, it was fun. Imagine my surprise when you asked me out!" Jimin laughed, almost falling from his chair. 

Amy simply stared at him.

Jimin continued, "Tell you what. Since I have developed a sort of soft corner for you, I can give you two choices. God is going to be so mad at me."

Jimin leaned forward towards her, then looked at a distance lost in thought and said, "Or considering that he is god, he might not be."

Shaking his head, he continued, "One. You can stay here and try to fix your relationship with him until you are satisfied, which let me warn you; might never happen."

Jimin waited for a reaction. 

When there was none, he continued, "Or Two. I can spare you, you can return to your real world and move on with your life. I will not be taking your soul in that case."

Gazing at Jimin, Amy went over his words in her head. She looked at the library door and asked, "And Hobi?" 

"Can't believe I'm playing the therapist again," Jimin said, rolling his eyes.

"Again?" Asked Amy.

Jimin cleared his throat before he continued, "Whether you return or not, Hobi will move on with his life. If you return and even then you can't survive, you can always come to me. We'll have our fun." 

Jimin winked at her and smiled widely. 

Amy sighed and then shook her head. "Time has proved where Hobi and I stand. I want him to be happy. But I wish to be happy myself…"

Jimin shrugged. "So, what is it going to be?" He asked.

As he gazed deep into her eyes, waiting for an answer, Amy's mind travelled back. 

Memories of Hobi, his fluffy hair, his shiny eyes, his happy laugh that kept her on her toes all the time, his kisses, their countless dates, their vulnerable moments, their fights, the never ending problems, his multiple deaths and how she felt witnessing them, watching him with Lia, anything and everything came flooding back to her.

The time with Hobi was wonderful, but the pain was too much to bear for both of them.

As realization dawned on her, Amy looked at Jimin and said, "I wish to go back."

Jimin smiled at her knowingly. 

Suddenly, everything went dark. From a sitting position, she felt herself lie flat and then fall. 

She was falling, simply falling into nothingness. She flailed her arms and legs but got hold of nothing. She tried to scream but there was no sound. And then, she felt her body shake. 

A distant voice called her that echoed through the darkness to her.

Amy.

She felt her body shake once more. 

Amy

The voice called her again. 

But now, the voice seemed to be coming much closer to hear, much much closer.

AMY!

With a sudden jolt, Amy woke up. Her weak eyes opened slightly as she felt someone carry her. As light entered into her eyes, she felt herself being laid down on a flat surface. 

And then random voices said, "She still has a pulse."

"Careful, she has lost a lot of blood."

"Are you her boyfriend?"

"No. I'm her neighbor."

Amy slightly opened her eyes and saw a familiar face. Eyebrows scrunched in frustration and a frown on his mouth out of fear, stood Jimin. 

She wanted to call out his name but she didn't have the energy. She tried to move her hand but the pain was excruciating. 

As a tear escaped her eye, she saw Jimin steal a glance. She looked at him, to see if she was dreaming of his presence. Just then, he looked at her. 

As their eyes met, he gave a wicked smile, and then winked.

Immediately, the paramedics took Amy away from Jimin and into the ambulance. It was his smiling face she finally saw as the ambulance doors closed.

The End.