Chapter 5

As soon as a draft of cold air hit her face, her eyes sprung open.

It took about 2-3 seconds for her eyes to adjust to the vision before her. With a deep breath in, she sat upright on her chair. Her chest heaved up and down, her body begging for oxygen.

A tap on her shoulder and, "Amy! Come on. We must go. Issue your books."

It was Lia.

Amy stared at the girl in front of her. She could feel her anger boil from within, even before she could realise why, as she threw daggers with her eyes.

Lia watched a heaving Amy for a second.
"Did you see a nightmare or something?" Said Lia before she walked away.

It was now that Amy made more sense of her surroundings. The students, the books, the silence.

I'm back. I'm back to that day again.

Her eyes immediately fell to the line in front of the librarian. Hobi was already in his spot. As she grabbed her books, Amy's eyes fell on Lia who was leaving the library. When the doors had closed behind her, Lia turned around and her eyes fell on Hobi.

And then... Amy was sure she saw it.

She saw Lia's eyes linger on him for a few seconds before she smiled to herself.

Amy stood rooted to her spot.

What was that?
Has this happened before? Amy wondered.

Lia just checked out my Hobi.

She shook her head.

What!?

Amy grabbed her things and hurried to the line. With a heart that beat faster than the flutter of the wings of a butterfly, Amy took the position behind Hobi.

Tall Hobi, whose lower back of head was what she could see from her eye level, looked as handsome as ever. She looked outside and saw Lia waving at her, asking her to hurry up. As Amy responded with a thumbs up, she saw Lia's eyes slide onto Hobi again.

Amy felt the danger ticking in. She didn't want to lose her chance like last time.

"Hobi."

The name slipped off her tongue even before she could think twice. In a frozen state, she bit her tongue as she watched him turn around.

He was pointing at himself with an extremely confused expression as he asked, "Did you just call me?"

As he looked directly at her, she let out a breath. With wide eyes, she nodded and said, "Yeah. Umm... I like you," she shook her head, "I have been noticing you for a while." A pause.

"Will you go out with me?"

Another pause.

"I think you are cute."

Another pause.

"Did I mention I like you?"

Yet another pause.

"I'm asking you out, in case it was not clear."

Hobi blinked a few times without any expression on his face, his eyes as innocent and clueless as a rabbit. And then he said, "Wait, what?"

Amy gave an embarrassed smile, not taking her eyes off him.

"Okay," he said as he nodded.

Unable to hide her smile now, stars twinkling in her eyes, Amy said, "Okay."