Chapter 21

Another update because I love you guys and because I felt the last chapter was too small💜

--

She had missed her chance with Hobi this time, getting caught up in the moment. She wondered if Lia had asked him out already. 

But she felt mentally drained to approach him. To her, it had begun feeling like a chore…

The sun had gone down, and the moon rose up in the sky. Rays of silver fell upon the town, the ocean and the trees. The canopy was painted dark but the leaves that faced the sky shone in the light. It was quite mesmerizing. 

As pairs in birds, animals and humans went out of their way to enjoy the night, Amy lay in her bed, on her back, staring at the ceiling. 

Did Hobi and Lia also go for a date? She wondered. 

But this wasn't the only thing that bothered her. On one hand, where she didn't have the energy to pick herself up and give another try to acquire Hobi, on the other hand, her mind occasionally slipped off to the other boy. 

How come I had never noticed him before? He was always around, but why didn't I see him? Was it because I was too occupied with someone else? What if…? Arghh!

She cried in frustration as she covered her head with her pillow. 

Over the next few days, she saw him more and more. He was in two of her classes, he was always in the library and he even ate at the cafeteria. 

"This change has been brought about from 1950s when-"

The professor had been going on for an hour, prancing about in his tweed jacket. A few took notes, a few listened and a few slept.

But seated at the back of the class, Amy had her eyes on the back of the head of that boy. She rolled her pen between her thumb and forefinger absentmindedly as she observed him listen attentively. 

Suddenly he turned his head and looked at her. At the unexpected turn of events, her heart exploded and her eyes widened. She looked away but it was too late. He had seen her watching him. 

After class, she packed her things as fast as she could. Through her peripheral vision, she could see that he was making his way towards her. And she wasn't ready to talk to him. As he neared her seat, she grabbed her bag and hurried towards the door.

"Amy!" 

She froze at the door. She could hear faint footsteps behind her, and then he was in front of her. 

"Do you have something to tell me?" He asked. Being shorter than him, Amy had to look up to see his face. 

"Yes," she answered. At this point, she didn't care about anything.

"But first, how do you know my name?" she asked him.

He laughed. "Amy, we have been in the same class for an entire year. Why wouldn't I know your name?"

Uhh…

She broke her eye contact and looked away, and he caught up real quick. He stopped laughing and asked, "You don't know my name, do you?"

"There are many students in this class-"

"It's okay. It's not a huge surprise. You have always been in your little world, ignoring the rest of us."

Amy refused to meet his eyes. She didn't even know how she felt about this.

"I'm glad that at least now you see me," he said. At this, she looked up at him and saw that he was smiling at her. Her own face relaxed at this as she smiled slightly. 

"I was going to the cafeteria for lunch. Would you like to join me?" He asked. After thinking for a second, she nodded. 

"Cool," he said as he stood beside her and gestured to her to lead the way.

As she walked first, and he was by her side, he said, "I'm Jimin, by the way."

--
And also because I like a little chaos😘💜