Chapter 25

Another update because I felt like it😊💜

--

If he wasn't in the picture," Hobi pointed to Jimin and said, "I would have asked you out." 

As he laughed to himself, Amy however felt a pang in her chest. Her Hobi, absolutely unaware of the life they once had together, sitting in front of her, wishing her to be happy with another man. 

"I'll call you," Hobi said one last time to Jimin before he walked away. Jimin waved at the boy walking away and turned to his girlfriend.

But his smile fell immediately. Red eyes, red nose, shivering and shaking body. Soon, tears started pouring from her eyes and nose.

"Amy?" Jimin called her quietly.

"I can't do this," Amy started mumbling, shaking her head, "I can't do this. I thought I could and I thought this was the right thing to do, but I can't. It can't be right."

"What can't be right?" Asked Jimin.

"THIS!" said Amy pointing at either of them. "You are so wonderful, but you aren't right. Or maybe I'm not right. I can't do this."

Jimin let go of her hand and released her. She stood up and just ran, leaving behind her things. Her bag, phone, books; everything. She didn't need them now.

After a few minutes, she found herself standing in the middle of a path wondering where to go. She didn't know how she got there. She didn't know how much time had passed. 

Should she jump off the bridge? Should she walk into running cars? She couldn't think well.

All she knew was that, she loved her Hobi. She couldn't live without him. She tried to replace him and even that didn't work. 

Dehydration, scorching sun and loss of water from the body. Amy's legs shook as pain, mental rather than physical took over her brain. Soon, everything was blurry as she saw the ground come to her. And then, everything was black. 

**

A cold draft of air on her face. Immediately her eyes popped open. Sounds of scribbling, pages turning, low murmurs and silent walking. Amy sat up quietly from her slumber. 

What? How? She thought. 

She looked ahead and saw Hobi already standing in the line. 

Should I go? She wondered. 

And then, from behind her walked past her another person who was quite familiar. Jimin. 

He was always there. And I was blind. She thought.

She sat idle biting her lip, thinking. 

One last time? A voice spoke inside her head.

One last time, she answered. 

Before Lia could get to her, she got to Hobi. Since Jimin was already standing behind him, Amy approached Hobi from the side. Tapping on his shoulder, she stood by idle as he turned to her.

**

A week later.

Hobi and Amy went to the cafe uphill for their first date. 

"Let me get you a flower!" Hobi said excitedly. Hesitantly Amy nodded her head and said, "Okay." He got her a pink rose and came back safe and sound.

At the cafe, Hobi ordered for either of them. "A vanilla cupcake for me and the same for the lady," he said. "Actually, I'd rather have the lemon cheesecake," Amy interjected.

Halfway through the date, Hobi got a call about a trekking trip. Excitedly, he had left. Hesitantly, Amy kept her thoughts to herself. Amy held her breath for the entire weekend. 

Monday afternoon, she got a call from an unknown number. 

--
Please don't kill me🙏