Ch.4- Insecurities

*Another short chapter....sorry!*

Debbie's P.O.V

                When Zayn helped me out of the bed I walked into the bathroom to get dressed. For some reason when he was comforting me I felt like he actually did care, not like any of my other friends or family. He was my rock, whether he knew it or not. I finally got dressed in a hoodie and leggings and walked out of the bathroom to find Zayn lying down on the bed watching Spongebob, I laughed but regretted it immediately as it caused me pain. He looked over at me and smiled his cheeky smile that I loved ever since I first saw him, I smiled back and was walking over to him.

                "Can we go now? I'm starting to get the chills from this place." I looked up to find him smiling and swinging me into a hug while walking out of the room.

                "Sure thing, babe." He called me babe again! I blushed, I just know it. He kissed me forehead before speaking to me again.           

                "You know, I really am happy that you're okay. I don't know if I could have handled it if something really bad happened." I smiled and squeezed him tighter.

                "I'm just happy that you were here and I didn't have to go through this alone. So thank you." I kissed his cheek and he helped me into the car.

                "Anytime, love." Is he trying to kill me? I smiled and looked into his sparkling hazel eyes, I got lost into them for about five minutes and when I finally snapped out of it, Zayn was looking at me like I had five heads.

                "Are you okay? You've been staring at me for like ever. It's starting to creep me out." He let out a small laugh and a quiet chuckle escaped my lips as well.

                "Yeah sorry your eyes just are so...perfect." I let out a small laugh and Zayn smiled at me.

                "And see if I told you your eyes were perfect you wouldn't believe me." I looked over to him and he gave me a small smirk.

                "Yeah that's because they aren't, nothing about me is perfect. Can't you tell?" I looked down at my body in disgust; I soon regretted it and fixated my eyes on the window.

                 "You just don't get it do you?" My eyes made their way to Zayn and he had a mixture between an angered and sad expression on his face.

                "What? What don't I get? I'm ugly Zayn, I was back then and I still am today and you know it." Just as I finished talking I saw a tear slide out of his eye, I wiped it away and went to give him a hug.

                "You know what I know? I know that you are beautiful, you are just so used to hearing those bitches tell you otherwise that when someone tries to give you a compliment you immediately get self conscious of yourself. I just don't understand." He choked out the last sentence while rubbing my arm, I felt tears slide down my cheeks so I quickly wiped them away.

                "I'm sorry, I really am. I should've just taken the compliment without getting all defensive; I just can't help but feel ugly." He kissed my forehead and I felt tingles after he released his lips.

                "But you aren't ugly, you are beautiful and everybody knows it." I smiled and squeezed him harder, I was so lucky to have a friend like him.

                "Thank you." I kissed his cheek and sat back in my seat, Zayn grabbed my hand and I grabbed his. The pain was coming back but I didn't care, I was with him, the love of my life and my best friend, so I just relaxed in the car and closed my eyes.