Ch.25-Fake It Til' You Make It

*Debbie's P.O.V*

"What movie did you pick for us to watch?" I asked Harry as I grabbed a seat across from the boys.

"Bad Boys 2, I know you never finished watching it the night..." Right, Janice. Somehow it always goes back to her in situations like these. Zayn cleared his throat, I guess to clear the obvious tension.

"How about we change it? To let's say...The Grinch?" I could feel myself smile as Zayn spoke those words, he knows its always a feel-good movie. Harry looked confused for a moment, he probably has no idea what's going on...poor kid.

"I mean, if that's alright with everyone else; anything is okay with me." I smiled at Zayn and he winked, I've learned that it's just a friendly wink...unfortunately.

*Zayn's P.O.V*

She sat down across from us and she looks so beautiful in this lighting. I keep on thinking about the look on her face when she left the bowling alley, she looked so defeated...I made her feel like that. No mater how hard I try, I will never have the same feeling for Emma that I have for Debbie; it's impossible. I feel bad that I'm almost leading Emma on but I have to try to forget about being with Deb because she just doesn't want that. I wish she did. I wish I never left her. I wish I could see where we would have ended up. I have thoughts sometimes that I should tell her how I feel, it would be so much easier. But that I don't think that is how our story goes. I think that her magical ending must be with Harry because they seem so happy together but part of me still wishes that I told her how I feel because maybe we can rewrite our story. I looked up and she was staring at me, oh gosh...why was she staring? Did she finally come to her senses and sees me the way that I see her? THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING!

"Uh Zayn?"

"Yes Deb?" Here it is, this is the time. Weird that she's doing it in front of Harry though.

"You have popcorn in your hair"

Oh. Well, that makes sense of why her and Harry are giggling at each other. This was better in my dreams, but...maybe I should still flirt a little?

"Maybe you can come get it out" I winked and she blushed...this is love.

I saw Harry's face change when she came over to me to get it out. What did I do?

*Harry's POV* 

"Maybe you can come and get it out" What the fuck? He winked. He's with Emma and Debbie is somewhat/kinda/indirectly with me...does he not care? Wait a minute. She's blushing and she's getting up? What the hell?

Calm down Harry. This may not be what it seems like, you know her and she likes you. Who cares about Zayn, he's with Emma.

I can feel my face soften, until I see her feed him the popcorn that was in his hair. My stomach feels weird, I think I'm jealous. If I had popcorn in my hair would she feed it to me? 

She is going to sit back down, now is my chance to make sure she likes me; I pat the cushion next to me to get her attention and she smiles. The next thing that I know she is cuddled up next to and Zayn automatically goes to his phone, probably texting Emma. Who cares, I'm content with Deb next to me and watching this green man make fun of the Who's.

*Debbie's POV*

Tonight is a weird night, both Harry and Zayn are acting off. And if I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure Zayn just flirted with me? But that can't be true because he is with Emma and he doesn't like me in that way...does he? No, it doesn't matter because I really like Harry and the way that he treats me. I deserve a guy who is genuine (besides the whole Janice part) and who truly cares about me, which he does. I think I'm confused.