Chapter 38

I wrenched my arm from my "grandmother's" grasp and growled. "What the actual fuck?" I seethed. "What the fuck was that for?"

My "grandmother's" grin grew wider, more sadistic, and she dipped her head. Their heartbeat was going at the same pace it should, but I knew that I made them extremely nervous. "Language, Dearie," she said. "Is that how you speak to your grandmother?"

"Well, I guess it is a good thing that you aren't my grandmother, Salem," I seethed with a soft growl. "Now, can you shift back into your normal form so that I can beat your face in?"

"I'd rather not."

I growled and stormed into the kitchen. My whole body was tense, and I felt hot and stuck in my skin.

It had been a while since I had let the beast out, and boy was she letting me know it.

She wanted out. She wanted to be free, to taste the blood of those that provoked me, starting with the Shifter that always got on my nerves every time that they came around.

I walked to the fridge, opened it, and shuddered. I gripped the top of the fridge hard while my skin rolled and dipped as the beast pushed past her limits, wanting to shed this skin like a snake and become the shadow.

"Alex?" their "sultry" voice asked in concern, and I know that they had shed out of my grandmother's skin to look like their own.

I growled in response and shut my eyes while I grimaced. I gritted my teeth together and gripped the fridge tighter while I shoved the beast further and further into her hole.

Not yet, I said, my voice barely above a whisper. Later. I promise.

My beast growled but released control, and I breathed a sigh of relief. She was getting harder and harder to control, and I knew that one of the reasons why was because Levi was near and yet so far.

"Alex?" they asked, and I could tell that they were concerned about me.

"I'm fine," I said, even though we both knew that I wasn't; I wasn't fine. "What are you doing here, Salem?" I asked, not looking at them.

"Well, so you can see me," they purred. "We don't need you to not see me after such a long time apart."

I sighed and laid my head on my hand while I closed my eyes. "It was a month ago, Salem," I grunted. "It was not long enough."

"Well, it was long enough for me," they purred. "Tell me, why must you always treat me like this?"

"Well, why must you always be a dick," I shot back, earning a gasp of shock from them. I took a deep breath and released the fridge, grateful that it didn't break.

They shrugged. "I don't know what you are talking about," they replied. "I don't have a dick."

"You don't need one to be one," I grunted. I sighed and closed the fridge, my whole body aching. I flexed my fingers and bit back a groan before I turned around and looked at the person that had "played" my grandmother.

They stood taller than six feet tall and had very pale skin that would have normally been a fire hazard if it wasn't for the fact that they are different. They had long, pale blonde hair that reached past their butt and was able to change the length of it if they wanted to.

Their eyes were a very pale blue color that almost looked white and was always shaped like a cat to a snake if they weren't portraying someone else. Their teeth were sharp and pointed and looked like a shark, especially when they smiled that smile that reached their ears.