Chapter 58

I didn't respond when he said that and didn't even blink. I was nervous about something else, something more than a silly little man that thinks he was some sort of all powerful being that didn't take orders from anyone.

No, I was more worried about the man that they wanted to call, to see if I was at my house and not here with them. I had no idea what he would do if I wasn't there and how suspicious they would be of me as the Viper.

"Salem is at your house," Anthony said, and I slowly relaxed, while I waited for Levi to answer Bryant's call. "They will play you. Your grandmother and Bea are there too."

I held back an eyebrow being raised when I heard that Bea was at my place but grew stiff. I had no idea why and wondered if it was because of Filip and whatever bond they had, no matter how much Filip denied it.

"And why is Bea at my house?" I asked. "Also, why wasn't I informed that there would be guests over?"

"Because you are busy, and you are only connected to us two, Love," Corey said cheerfully, "as is protocol when you are the lovely Viper."

I held back an eye roll and stayed silent while I continued to wait for Levi to answer the call, but he didn't, and I had a feeling that he was staring at it, his heart pounding hard in his chest.

Bryant growled and bared his teeth while he gripped his phone tighter. "Force him to answer the call," he said while he looked at his boss.

His boss, the Puppetmaster, stood taller and narrowed his eyes while he scowled. "What?" he asked, threateningly, and I grinned while I sat up on the bike.

Oh, this was going to be fun...

"What did you say?"

Bryant's eyes grew wide while he looked at him, and his whole face grew white while he looked at me before he looked at his master. "Uh..." He cleared his throat and looked down, his face turned red. "I apologize, Sir," he said, stuttering a little, and I bit back a smirk. "Please forgive me."

The Puppetmaster rolled his eyes and scowled before he looked at me. "Do you mind if he answers the phone?" he asked, and I raised an eyebrow and leaned my arms on my bike.

"And why would I have a problem with it?" I asked and raised the eyebrow higher. "It would be the best way to make sure that this lovely lady is comfortable in my presence." I looked at Mindy and grinned. "Though, I would much rather have her be afraid of my presence." I winked and blew her a kiss.

Mindy shifted on her feet and looked away from me. She pressed her lips into a thin line and didn't say a word.

The Puppetmaster chuckled and nodded, and I had a feeling that he was pleased that I made Mindy nervous. "Of course," he said.

His eyes changed colors, and I leaned forward a bit more and watched him, focusing on the magic that was coming from him.

"Are you getting this?" I asked my group, watching as the air changed around him and the power that clung to him like a warm blanket.

"Yes," Anthony said, and I had a feeling that he nodded. "You should see the tendrils that are coming from him. Some of this stuff is dark shit, and I don't like it one bit."

I pressed my lips into a thin line, started to feel uneasy but made sure that they couldn't pick up on it. "Make sure to record this, and I will look at this later," I said.

"Do you want me to contact the people that owe you favors?" Corey asked, and I could tell that she felt uneasy too. She wanted to take me out but knew that she wouldn't be able to do it.