Chapter 15

I was seated at my desk with a pen between my lips and a book on my desk, the lines blurring. The sound of singing came from my radio as I played one of Nike's mix CDs that he had burned a variety of different songs and genres.

I was studying, or well at least trying to study, but I kept getting distracted by thoughts about what would happen to me since both Mindy and Levi had seen me talking to Nike, even though I wasn't "supposed" to.

Sighing, I closed my book and tossed my pen onto the table before I walked over to my fridge and pulled a water bottle out of it. I really wanted a drink, but with no alcohol here or anywhere on pack lands that I know of, I knew that I wouldn't be able to get it.

"Enter," I said, hearing a knock on my door. I closed the fridge and walked back to my desk as the door opened and closed.

"Why were you talking to that Alpha?" Levi asked. His voice was hard, and I could tell that he was slightly jealous. "You know you weren't supposed to be talking to him."

I didn't look at him but opened my book back up. I set my jaw as I tried to study some more with him staring at me. "You have his memories, don't you?" I asked, flicking through the book.

"Alexandra," Levi warned, and I rolled my eyes. "D-"

"What does the name Anthony Anagnos mean?" I asked, interrupting him. I looked up and leaned back in my chair. "Think about it, Alpha Levi, or ask him."

Levi scowled and set his jaw. His eyes turned a little foggy as he was probably "talking" to my Levi about who Anthony was to me and why I would be talking to his brother. He stirred and blink. "Oh," he said, and I nodded, grimly.

"Ya, "oh,"" I replied coldly. I closed my book again and sighed, rubbing my head as a headache appeared. I bit back another sigh and leaned back in my seat, and folded my arms in my chest. "Anthony and Nike are men that I consider my brothers since my parents only had me. Anthony had helped me out a lot when I had to be at the base."

"Are you in contact with him, too?"

"That is something that you do not need to know, Alpha. Even if I was in contact with him, I am not allowed to tell you. It's against the policy that we have in place." That was total bullshit. I was allowed to tell whomever who I was in contact with, and I would probably tell Miguel that I did contact Anthony later on today.

Levi scowled and narrowed his eyes. He set his jaw and took in a deep breath. "Wh-"

The phone rang, interrupting him, and I groaned and rolled my eyes when I heard my voice while I sang an old Chinese lullaby. This was Nike's ringtone because he had decided that I needed to sing something for him.

I bit back a huff and pressed the button to answer it. "What now, Nike?" I asked, pressing the speaker button.

"Hiya, Lexi," Analina chirped. "How are ya?"

I bit back a groan and rolled my eyes. "Hello, Lina," I said. "Why are you calling my office phone from Nike's phone?"

"Well... I lost my phone..." she said. There was a groan behind her, and I could tell that she was with Nike.

"Un, huh, sure," I said, scowling. "What is the real reason that you called me? I know full well that you didn't lose your phone."

"Well..." Analina said. She moved around some more, and the groaning became more prominent. "Nike told me that you were rather stressed when you and he were at the coffee shop, and... I wanted to do a little pick me up for you."

I scowled. "Is this going to be a... torturing Alexandra trip?" I asked, and someone snickered. "Hello, Nike."

"Buenos tardes, Señorita," he said. "Owww, Analina, what was that for?"