Chapter 25

There was a knock on the kitchen door later that afternoon, and my grandmother looked at the door, confused, not getting up from where she was knitting something. "I wonder who it is. Almost everyone barges through as if they own the place."

"That is if I am here," I said. I grabbed one of my Twizzlers and hopped off the chair I was on before making my way to the door. "That or they want one of your "readings," Grams," I added, and she chuckled.

Levi was about to knock again when I opened the kitchen door and blinked. "Oh." He cleared his throat and shifted on his feet, looking nervous. "You are here."

I leaned against my door frame and raised an eyebrow. "Yes, and where else would I be?"

"Meeting the people that you had to meet, or is that done?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Change of plans," I replied. "I came back here instead to start working on school stuff." I shrugged.

"Who is at the door? Is it the Alpha? Let him in, if it is. Where are your manners?" my grandmother asked. "Do not make me throw my needles at you, Alexandra May."

I rolled my eyes and scowled before I moved out of the Alpha's way. "Come in," I said, gesturing for him to come in with the Twizzler in my hand before I stuffed it in my mouth.

Levi walked into the kitchen and looked around before he looked at me. "What were you thinking?" he asked, folding his arms across his chest and scowled.

I shut the door and walked over to the table but didn't sit, instead choosing to lean against the table and watch the male. "I thought that I would be healed by the time your butt came around this evening if you could have gotten out of their clutches," I replied. "I wasn't expecting..." I gestured towards him, indicating his still controlled self.

He raised an eyebrow and walked further into the kitchen, ignoring my grandmother. "Who else would you expect?" he asked. He narrowed his eyes and scowled. "Do you have a secret that I do not know about?" Warning filled his tone, and I could detect a small bit of jealousy in it, something that I didn't expect from him.

I raised an eyebrow and cocked my head. "And what if I do?" I asked.

He growled in a jealous rage and pulled me closer to him, trapping me against his warm body. "Mine," he growled before he stuffed his face into the crook of my neck and took in my scent. His whole body relaxed, and I stood still in stunned silence because I was not expecting that response from him.

"Interesting," my grandmother and nodded her head. "Very interesting." She placed her knitting down and stood before she went to get some tea for the male, who still had his face in the crook of my neck.

I gulped and slid out of his arms, even though that was the place where I wanted to be before I cleared my throat, surprised that the Alpha let me go. "Ummmmm..." I cleared my throat again and slid my gaze towards my grandmother, fully aware of the glaring Alpha. "What do you mean by that?" I asked, watching while she poured tea into two cups.

"He said "mine," but as you can tell because he is talking in English, the Alpha is still controlled." She walked over to us and handed the teas over to us, sending Levi a look that sent him taking the tea from her. "Technically, you are not his. They are becoming one and the same."

"What do you mean by that?" Levi asked. He took a sip of the tea, and for some reason, I took a sip with him as if our cups were magnetic with each other. The Alpha cleared his throat and licked his lips. "What do you mean she isn't mine?"

"For one, you are mated with Mindy," she said, spitting that name out as if it was dirty water. She scowled when Levi growled at her and wagged her finger. "Do not growl at me, Young Man," she scolded. "Controlled or not, I am still your elder, and I will be treated as such. Is that understood?"

Levi scowled but didn't reply. He took another sip from his tea, and so did I.

'Grams, what did you?' I asked, linking my grandmother. I hadn't been thirsty when I drank the tea, so I had no idea I wanted to drink something then.

My grandmother smirked and went back to her knitting. 'What are you talking about?' she asked. 'I didn't do anything.'

'Well, I wasn't thirsty, but I took a sip of the tea at the same time as he did. I know you did something.'

'Well, do you think he will drink it if you drink it?' She raised an eyebrow and started to work on her knitting again. "So, why are you here, Alpha? I thought you would be a busy man."

"I-" He couldn't say another word because I took a sip of my tea, and he did as well. He cleared his throat and frowned, and I could see the confusion in his eyes. "Pardon me," he said. "I didn't know why I did that." He cleared his throat again.

"It's ok; please sit." She gestured to the table where all of my stuff was gathered. "Mind my granddaughter's stuff. She is quite messy when it comes to school. Alex, Dear, please get some of your paperwork out of his way."

I rolled my eyes but set the tea down before I moved some of my school work to the side to give the Alpha Male some room to sit as well as me. I could feel his gaze on my back when I pulled a Twizzler from my packet before I sat down with him by my side.

Levi pushed the tea towards me, and I grunted my thanks before he looked at my grandmother. "I was going to say that I was here to check in on Alexandra. Did you know what she had done?"

"Yes," my grandmother replied with a nod. "She cut her tongue with a silver knife while she looked at the two of you." She scowled. "Why she did that, I do not know, but I can assure you that the tongue had been taken care of."

"Show me," Levi said, looking at me. Worry filled his eyes. "Please."

I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out so that he could see it was healed. "It doesn't hurt," I added, shrugging my shoulders. "It didn't hurt when I cut my tongue either." I took a sip of the tea, and the male beside me did as well.

My grandmother hummed happily and nodded. "Why else did you come, or was making sure that Alex was fine the only reason why?"

Levi sighed and leaned forward while he moved a hand across his face. He stared at her intently, and it took all of my self-control not to lash out at him to protect my grandmother. "What do you know?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

She took a sip of her tea and raised an eyebrow. "Of?" she asked and cocked her head. "I don't know what you are talking about. I have merely been hanging around my house, and my granddaughter can attest to that." She gestured towards me, and the Alpha turned his gaze to me in question.

"She has been staying here," I said. "My grandmother doesn't go anywhere anymore." 'What have you been doing?' I asked. I took a sip of my tea and ignored the fact that the male did as well, not knowing if my grandmother would answer my question about why he was drinking the same time as me.

'Nothing for you to worry about,' she replied. 'Now, hurry up and finish your tea. You still have places to go, do you not?' She raised an eyebrow, and I let out a soft growl but did what I was told to do and finished my tea in silence with Levi at my side.

What she had been doing was still a mystery, but I knew that I would find out sooner or later. I just prayed that whatever she did wouldn't affect the outcome between the Alpha and me.

Goddess only knows what would happen if it did.