Chapter 56

I sat on my bike and looked at my tablet, waiting for the call that I knew would come. I knew that Bryant was going to call and see if I would be "willing to speak with him now that I was awake."

I pursed my lips in annoyance and narrowed my eyes because I was ready to be done with him and the stupid games that he seemed to love to play.

However, I knew that I had to wait and be patient, even though waiting had never been my strong suit, especially when it came to people like him.

"Finally," I hissed when my phone rang, and I saw that it was Bryant. "Hello, good, Sir," I said snidely when I answered the phone. "I was wondering when you were going to call me again."

Bryant growled, and I rolled my eyes and smirked because I knew that I had gotten under his skin. "Well, if you had been awake when you were supposed to be, then we wouldn't be having this conversation."

I snorted and rolled my eyes. "Doll, as I had stated before, I do not have to follow the rules of society. I can live on my own and by my own life, which is why I sleep during the day and work at night. Now, what is it that you are wanting?"

Bryant growled again, and I smirked, amused. "You are messing with the wrong person, Princess," he growled, and I wrinkled my nose and pursed my lips in disgust when he called me that. "Y-"

"Ew, don't call me that Doll," I said, interrupting him, and he growled again in annoyance. "Now, why is it that you called me? I am very busy, and I don't like people keeping me from things that I want to be doing."

There was silence on the other end of the line, and I had to check to make sure that I was still connected to the call while the minutes started to tick by.

"Did you just interrupt me?" he asked with something in his voice that had me standing straighter on my bike and narrowing my eyes while I scowled.

"Give me all the information you have on him," I said to my two companions, knowing full well that they were in the trees, waiting for me to move and go somewhere. "I want to know who he is associated with and why."

"On it," Corey said instantly. "You'll get a message soon on everything that you need."

"And what if I did?" I asked and raised an eyebrow, knowing full well that he was waiting for me to answer him.

"Don't," he threatened.

I chuckled and ducked my head closer to my chest. "Oh, you poor, poor little, Boy," I sneered, knowing full well that I was in dangerous territory, but I could care less. "You are the one that is wanting my help, Doll. If I want to interrupt you, then I can. You don't own me."

"I will control you though," Bryant grumbled, and I had a feeling that I wasn't supposed to hear that.

"Oh, no he didn't," Corey said, feeling protective of me, and I couldn't help but hold back an eye roll. "Bitch, kill him. You don't need his stupid ass."

"Uh, no, try to," I clarified, and I heard a cuss. I smirked while I ignored Corey. "You can try to control me, but it isn't going to work."

"You don't know who I know," Bryant warned, and I had a feeling that he narrowed his eyes. "I know some very powerful people."

"And so do I, Doll," I purred. "Now, are you going to tell me the reason why you called me, or are you going to keep yammering about how I should watch out and not get on your bad side?"