Chapter 31

"Wait," someone said and grabbed my arm, and I took a deep breath to smell that it was my best friend, my mate. He pulled me to a stop, and I let him because I wanted to see what he had to say. "Alexandra, please."

"Alexandra?" I asked and turned my head to look at him. A smirk appeared on my face, and raised an eyebrow. "Did you just call me, Alexandra?" I asked, raising my eyebrow higher.

Levi nodded. "Yes," he said. "That is your name."

I snorted and shook my head. "No, that isn't my name," I said and took my arm out of his grasp, and he let me. I turned toward him and placed my hands behind my back while I stood at attention. "Why? Do I look like her?"

Levi set his jaw and studied me. "Then why is it that I went to her house, and she didn't answer?" he asked and raised an eyebrow. "Her grandmother didn't even know where she was."

I raised an eyebrow and cocked my head while I studied him. I knew that I would get grief if he ever found out that I lied to him, but I didn't care because I didn't need Bryant to know. "How would I know?" I asked. "I live by myself." I looked this way and that before looking at him. "Anyway, where is your... master? I thought he would be out here, tightening the leash around your throat."

Levi scowled and folded his across his chest. He studied me, and I had a feeling that he was waiting for me to break down and tell him who I really was, which was not going to happen. "He is yelling at the bartender," he said, and I pursed my lips in disgust.

"Remind me to punch him when I see him again," I said and started to walk away with him following me. I gritted my teeth and narrowed my eyes, annoyed. "I warned him not to give him shit."

"He doesn't listen to anyone," Levi said, and I shrugged and silently agreed. "I wouldn't punch him if I were you," he warned, and I glanced at him with a raised eyebrow in question.

"And why not?" I asked when he didn't answer off the bat.

"He'll kill you."

I snorted and rolled my eyes. "Do you know how many people have tried to kill me?" I asked, and he raised an eyebrow in question. "A lot. So, I like to see him try and kill me."

"He knows magic," Levi said, and I shrugged. "He will use that and make you obey."

"The king can't even make me obey him," I said and glanced at him from the corner of my eye. "How will he succeed in doing that when even the king can't."

"What about your Alpha?" he asked.

"I don't have an Alpha," I replied. "I'm a Rogue, remember? I don't listen to anyone."

"Besides the king," Corey said, and I mentally rolled my eyes at her. "Hey, it's the truth, and you know it."

"Well, I don't have to listen to him, but I choose to," I replied.

"Why did you leave your pack?" Levi asked. "Have you tried to find another one?" Concern filled his eyes, and my heart grew warm because I had no idea that he would care about this part of me.

"Ooh, I'm going to tell him," Corey said, and I mentally rolled my eyes at her again.

"He knows, Core," I replied. "The twins know too." I shook my head in answering Levi's question. "I have not," I replied. I stuffed my hands into my pockets and looked forward, going into the direction of the woods. "I left because of death. I chose not to go with another pack because I learned that I could be much more... myself if I didn't have anyone to take care of by myself."

"Pfffffft. I am still going to tell," she said, and I mentally rolled my eyes for the third time and ignored her.

Levi slowly nodded. "Have you ever thought of retiring and moving into a pack?" he asked and cocked his head while he studied me.

I raised an eyebrow in question and turned my head toward him. "Why?" I asked. "Are you offering me a position in your pack?"

Levi shrugged. "Maybe," he replied. "If you can keep it in your pants." He gave me a pointed look, and I shrugged.

A smirk appeared on my face, and I got in front of him and stopped; and the male had to stop before he ran into me. I stroked my hand across his cheek and stared at him in his eyes, and he gulped. "But, I'm a seductress, Alpha," I said with a soft purr in my voice. "This is my job and how I make my living."

Levi's whole body grew tense, and his heart pounded hard in his chest. He had slight trouble breathing, and I had a feeling that it was because of how close I was. "You should try something else," he said, his voice barely above a whisper.

I shrugged and pulled away. "I don't want to," I replied. My smirk deepened. "Now, this is where I leave you," I warned, and my eyes flashed to that of my wolf. "Don't follow. You won't find me."

Levi raised an eyebrow, and he folded his arms across his chest. He scowled while he studied, and I wondered what he was thinking. "I am sure that I will," he said.

I smirked. "Hmph," I replied. I moved closer to him, and his heart pounded hard in his chest. "I would like to see you try," I hissed before I pulled away again. I turned around and started to walk into the forest. "I will see you whenever Bryant contacts me," I said.

"I know that it is you, Alexandra," he said, and I rolled my eyes and scowled because I did not like him associating my actual self with my other self. "You have a lot of explaining to do tomorrow."

I looked at him over my shoulder and smirked. "I am not the one that you are looking for, Honey," I said, something that I would never call him. "So, nice try." And with that, I picked up my pace and ran into the woods with him following me like I thought and hoped he would.