Chapter 7

I walked into the meeting room with Miguel at my side. I could feel everyone's eyes on me, but I didn't care. I kept my gaze forward and set my jaw, showing my stubborn side.

"Ah, Miss DeLamont," Levi said, my heart aching. He curled his lip up in disgust and looked me up and down. "I was wondering when you were going to make it."

"My apologies, Alpha," I said, coldly. "I had other business that I needed to attend to." I took my spot at his left shoulder, ignoring the glare that his "girlfriend" sent his way.

Miguel stayed silent and took his spot near me. He kept his blank, but I could tell that he was disgusted with our Alpha.

"Ok, since everyone has finally gathered here, I think that it is time to make some changes," Levi said.

I made sure to make eye contact with most of the pack members and telling them to link up with me. My head pounded as everyone asked what was going on and what changes were going to be made. 'Everybody shut up!' I exclaimed through the link, and everyone became quiet. 'I don't know what is really going on, but I can tell you that our Alpha is being controlled'.

'By who? Why?' someone asked.

'I am not sure yet. I want to set up a meeting with the Elders of the pack as well as the Elites and trainers later this evening. We will discuss more in detail what is going on and how we can break whatever spell is on him.'

'Are you sure that he is underneath some spell?' another person asked. 'I mean, he could just be showing off his true colors.'

'Are you fucking blind?' Miguel asked whoever had made that comment. 'Levi wouldn't do anything to hurt Lexi intentionally. However, he is hurting her unintentionally. He... cares about her.'

'Or cared,' a female said. 'He has a bitch hanging off of his arm.' Disgust filled her voice, and I knew that it wasn't directed at me and my "relationship" with Levi.

'I'll let everyone know if I find anything,' I said. 'However, right now, we are going to have to disobey his orders for the safety of the pack.'

There was a deep silence as everyone thought about what I had said. It was wrong to disobey the orders of the Alpha because the Alpha was the one that made every decision for the safety of the pack.

'If you take leadership...' an Elder began.

'No,' I said. 'We both know that the only way for me to become Alpha is to kill him. I can't...' I held back a grimace, but I could tell that they knew what I meant. I had already lost someone that I "loved", and if I lost Levi, then our pack had no way of surviving.

'What will you have us do?' an Elite member asked.

"The first order of business is that there will be no training. If I catch you all training, then you will be punished," Levi said. He glanced at me, pursing his lips in disgust.

'Training sessions will be held in the cove,' I said. 'They will only be from thirty minutes to an hour. I want groups of six to go at one time. The trainers, Elites, Elders, and I will go over how we want to set it up tonight.'

"Border patrol will not be as large as it has been. We don't need as many people as we have out right now. We just need two groups four and that is it."

I bit back a growl and tightened my jaw. What he had just mentioned was suicide, and I had a feeling that his "girlfriend" had some say in it. 'We will discuss that tonight. Elites, I am sorry, but we are going to be needing you more now than ever. I will see if the king will be able to send some people over that won't be detected by anyone.'