Chapter 30

I had to keep myself from tensing when I heard my pack's name, but I couldn't help but pause in walking before I continued. "Yara Pack?" I asked, and he nodded. I raised an eyebrow. "Why?" "Record this."

Corey scoffed, and I had a feeling that she rolled her eyes. "Bitch, please," she said, and I had to keep my face level, even though I wanted to raise an eyebrow. "I have been recording ever since he walked over to you. I will send you a link later, Doll."

I bit back a sigh of relief and mentally nodded. "Thanks, Babe," I said. "I owe you."

Bryant nodded. "Yes," he said. He cleared his throat and let go of my hand before he pulled out a seat on the other side of the table so that I was sitting in front of the blonde. "We have him stationed at that pack."

"Why?" I asked. "If I may ask." I smoothed the bottom of my dress and sat down, smiling at Mindy before I looked at Bryant. I raised an eyebrow and cocked my head while I studied Bryant.

"You always owe me," she said. She paused, and I had a feeling that she raised an eyebrow. "Does that mean..."

"Later," I promised, knowing full well that she was talking about the ring. "I'm busy."

She scoffed, and I knew that she rolled her eyes. "You're always busy," she said, and I mentally shrugged. "Isn't she, Anthony?"

"Shut up," Anthony said, and I bit back a snort. "Let her focus."

Corey muttered something under her breath, but she seized in her talking. They had moved positions so that I was in their view, and they would help me if I needed it.

Mindy scowled and folded her arms across her chest. "Don't tell her, Love," she said, and I almost gagged because I had no idea what she saw in this sleazy man. "She could warn that pesky pest in that pack."

I raised an eyebrow and cocked my head. "Who?" I asked.

"Alexandra," she replied, spitting my name out with disgust before she pursed her lips. She studied me with narrowed eyes, and I could tell that she didn't trust me. "You do know her, correct?"

I nodded. "I do," I confirmed. "She is the adopted daughter of the king if my memory serves me right."

"That's the one," Bryant said. He sat down on one side of me and left the seat closest to the door free for the Alpha that was to arrive at any moment now. He scowled and took a sip of his drink. "She has been a thorn in my side, and so has her grandmother."

I raised an eyebrow and made a mental note to ask her what he was talking about. "Her grandmother?" I asked. "She's just a crazy tea lady and nothing important. I don't know how she is a thorn in your side."

Bryant scoffed and rolled his eyes. He took a swig of his drink and looked at the bar to see that the bartender was still not there. He scowled and looked at me, his eyes hard. "You don't know her that well; do you?" he asked, and I shrugged.

"What is there to know?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"A lot," he replied. He sighed and took another sip of his drink before he shook his head and pursed his lips in disgust. "And I thought that the bitch was bad enough."

"Who?" I asked and cocked my head, curious, even though I had a feeling that he was talking about me.

"Alexandra," a male said from behind me, and I had to keep my composer as well as make sure that I didn't shiver. Levi took the seat next to me, and a scowl was on his face. Confusion filled his eyes, and I wondered if he knew it was me or not, even though I had made sure to cover my scent. "He is talking about Alexandra."