Chapter 28

I raised an eyebrow and cocked my head while I studied him, and I knew that I was making him uncomfortable. "Well?" I asked when he didn't reply off the bat. "Who is it? Who owns this mark?" I gestured to the mark on the table before I studied him, leaning closer.

Chase opened his mouth to say something before he closed it and cleared his throat. Again, he opened his mouth to say something but closed it instead. He didn't meet my gaze, and I could tell that he was getting very nervous, especially since he knew that I could fight.

I huffed and rolled my eyes before I scowled. "Chase," I said. "I am about to stab you if you don't answer my question. You know that I don't like to wait for my information." I leaned back in my seat and studied my nails. "Besides, I have places to be and can't wait around all night."

Chase sighed and moved a hand through his hair while grimaced. He glanced this way and that, looking for help, but no one needed it. No one looked at him, and I had a feeling that it was because he was talking to me. He cleared his throat and looked at me. Fear filled his eyes, and I raised an eyebrow in question. "He's not going to see you, Vipe," he said. "He'll kill you instead."

I raised the eyebrow higher. "Why won't he see me?" I asked. I cocked my head and studied him. "I mean, I am not that scary I?" I asked innocently, swinging back and forth in my seat. I pouted and cocked my head further before I blinked, looking innocent.

Corey choked on her drink while she tried to stop herself from laughing. A snort came from her direction, and all I did was mentally roll my eyes at them because I couldn't look their way anyway. "Dude, you're scary as fuck," she said, and I mentally snorted. "Especially when someone doesn't know you or messes with your pack."

I mentally rolled my eyes at Corey but didn't say a word. I kept my gaze on Chase, watching him silently and waiting for him to say or do something. "Well?" I asked when he didn't say a word and raised an eyebrow. "Why won't he see me?"

"Because he doesn't like people dressed like..." He gestured to me up and down, and I looked down to see what I was wearing, even though I knew how I looked. He cleared his throat and didn't meet my gaze when I looked up at him. "To put it kindly, you look like a slut," he said, and again Corey almost choked on her drink.

I rolled my eyes and scowled. "Uh huh," I replied. "That doesn't mean I can't change into clothes that he would find... more appropriate." I took the cherry stem out of my mouth and set it on the table before I grabbed another one. "I mean, I can find something somewhere." I placed the whole cherry in my mouth.

Chase scowled, and I could tell that he didn't believe me. He didn't say a word and kept his attention on me. His whole body was tense, and I knew that he wanted someone to get his attention to get away from me.

"I can," I said, cocking my head and giving him an innocent look. "Do you not believe me?" I asked, pouting, and batting my eyes.

Chase sighed and shook his head. "Unfortunately, not, Vipe," he replied. "I've known you for too long, and the only thing that I have seen you in is a short dress with your boobs hanging out."

I smirked and cocked my head, studying the bartender. "I am glad that you have noticed the boobs," I replied. I took the cherry stem out of my mouth and placed it on the table before reaching for another one. "However, there is a lot that you don't know about me, and I am sure whatever mysteries I hold would be a... shock to you."

He gave me a blank look. "You are also not part of a pack," he said. "He doesn't see anyone outside of packs for... certain reasons."

I shrugged. "Well, I guess he will have to live without that, wouldn't he?" I asked. I narrowed my eyes at the bartender and bared my teeth. "Now, tell me his information, or the next thing that I am twisting will be your neck."

Chase gulped and nodded, his face turning pale. He cleared his throat and rubbed the front of his neck because he knew that I would do that.

Finally, he sighed and nodded. "Ok," he said. He cleared his throat and looked around before he looked at me. "I will give you his name and where he is located. That is it. I won't give you anything else."

I shrugged, feeling satisfied because I had a feeling that would have all that I had gotten anyway. "That is all I want," I replied. "I am sure that I can find other information without your help."

Chase snorted and nodded, and he looked relieved that I didn't push him for anything else. "If you didn't, then I would say that you lost your touch." He cleared his throat again and shifted on his feet. "I will get you that information," he said, grabbing the napkin that I had drawn the symbol on. He nodded his head toward someone behind me, and I had a feeling that he didn't want me to talk to him by myself without him there. "You have someone that you need to talk to."

"Creepy guy alert," Corey said as soon as Chase had said someone wanted to talk to me. "Shall I cause a distraction while you leave?"

"Go, and get me what I asked," I said, not even paying attention to the male behind me. "I want it as soon as possible." "No," I replied. "I need to talk to him anyway."

Chase frowned, and I could tell that he did not like that idea. Worry filled his eyes, and he studied me. "Are y-"

Corey huffed and pouted. "Fine," she said.

"Go," I said, interrupting him. I gave him a pointed look, and he huffed and left, leaving the guy to take a spot beside me; however, I did acknowledge his presence while I ate the rest of the cherries Chase had left me. "If I need a distraction, I will ask you. Deal?"

"Deal," Corey chirped, and I had a feeling that she was bouncing in her seat. "I like that deal very much."