Chapter 59

I leaned on my bike and waited for Levi to call us when he was at my house, bored. I didn't say a word while the others didn't say a word and flicked a piece of dirt off my bike.

Finally the phone rang, and Bryant answered it.

"It took you long enough," he said and Levi mumbled a half-hearted apology. "Where is she?"

"I haven't knocked on the door yet, Sir," Levi said while he did so, the sound of knocking filling our ears. "I will tell you when she answers or if she answers."

"You better," Bryant grunted before he cleared his throat. "Or else the Viper will be injured." He looked at me, and I smiled at him sweetly and waved.

"Don't hurt her," Levi said, and I could hear a small bit of panic in his voice, and I could tell that the Puppetmaster heard it too while he looked at the phone harder. "Please."

"And why not?" the Puppetmaster asked, and there was a small bit of warning in his tone while he stared at the phone. He set his jaw and narrowed his eyes while he scowled. "Are you hoping that she will save you?"

Levi paused before he cleared his throat. "No, Master," he said, but I could tell that there was a small bit of him that hoped I would. "I know that she won't save me."

Interesting...

The Puppetmaster scowled and narrowed his eyes further, and I had a feeling that he did not believe him. However, he did not say a word when there was a small "who is it?" on the other end of the line.

"It's me," Levi said. "Open up."

The sound of a door opening filled the air around us, and Levi breathed a sigh of relief when he "saw me."

"Alexandra," he said and cleared his throat. "You're here."

"Yes?" Salem, playing me, asked, and I had a feeling that they raised an eyebrow. "Where else would I be?"

"I thought you were the Viper," he said. "I have been told that you are her too."

"Alexandra" stayed silent, and I had a feeling that they blinked and scowled while they narrowed her eyes.

"Get her to say something else," Bryant ordered. "And is she wearing her clothes?"

"She is wearing her clothes," Levi said into the phone.

"And who's clothes would I be wearing?" "Alexandra" asked with annoyance filling "her" voice. "I hope that you aren't talking about yours because I did burn the shirt that you left me."

Atta go, Salem, I thought, biting back a small smirk because I had said the same thing to him.

"Now, are you on the phone with someone? Why are you at my door on the phone? If you don't want to talk with me then, bye? I have stuff that I need to get done." "Alexandra" started to close the door.

"Get her not to close the door," Bryant said. "Come up with something to keep it open."

'Is anyone close to them?' I asked.

'Yes,' Anthony said.

'Good, tell them to be petty.'

'On it,' Corey chirped.

"Wait!" Levi exclaimed, and his voice shook with nervousness while "Alexandra" slowly closed the door. "Yes, I am on the phone, but I need to talk to you too. Please."

Click. The sound of the door closing filled the call between us, and I bit back a satisfied smirk while I leaned back on my bike.

'They closed it.'