Chapter 34

I watched the house where the address had taken me and waited for something or someone to appear at the doorway. My whole body was relaxed, or at least, it was as relaxed as I could be with no idea what would happen.

The door leading to the back entrance opened, and someone stepped out holding a gun. They looked left and right, and I felt this power coming off of him that made me want to go out and bow, but I shrugged it off.

"Hmph," the person said, and I had a feeling that they approved of me fighting their command. "Come out, now," the person, a male, said while he looked in the direction that I was seated in. "I know that you are there."

I didn't move a muscle.

He cocked the gun, and I bit back a snort, unamused when he pointed it at me. "Don't make me shoot you," he warned, and I couldn't help but snort.

That man wasn't going t-

Bang, a bullet landed in the tree beside me, missing me by a couple of inches.

That motherfucker decided to shoot at me. What the actual fuck?

"I warned you to come out," he said, and I had a feeling that he was pleased with himself. "Now, will you come out, or do I have to shoot you again?" He held the gun toward me, but he didn't cock it again.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, but I walked from behind the bushes and shifted into my human form. I walked the rest of the way to the house and stuffed my hands into my jacket. "So y-"

"I wished you had dressed as yourself and not like your alias, Miss DeLamont," the male said, interrupting me. "However, that will be fine for now, so please, do come in." He walked into his house, and I blinked and blinked again.

Hesitantly, I followed him into the house and closed the door to the kitchen while I watched him set some tea for us. "My name i-"

"I might be blind, but I can still see," the male said while he poured a cup of tea for me and one for him. "I know that your real name is Alexandra May DeLamont. You are twenty-two-years old, and you are the Beta of the Yara Pack, but you are standing in as Alpha as you had for the past two years."

I gave him a weird look but stayed silent.

"Hmph," the male said and smirked. "Here you go," he said and walked over to the table. "Have a cup of tea."

I looked at the cup of tea and then at him. I did not trust him enough to drink something from him.

The male chuckled and smirked. "You don't have to be so uptight with me, Beta," he said. He sat down at the table and placed the tea for me beside him. "Sit," he said, "and drink the tea."

I hesitated, walked over to the table, and sat down. "I do not think I will drink it," I said, coldly. "I do not know who you are, Sir."

He chuckled. "Your grandmother knows me, and so does the male you had acquired my information from." He gave me a look, and I had a feeling that he was talking about Chase.

I raised an eyebrow. "You know my grandmother," I said, my voice hard. "How do you know my grandmother?"

The male chuckled. "She gets her tea from me," he replied. He nodded to the tea. "Drink," he said, and I hesitated but nodded.

I took the cup of tea and drank some of it. I raised an eyebrow when I tasted the same tea that my grandmother gave me sometimes.

The male chuckled again, and I had a feeling that he caught sight of my raised eyebrow, even though he was blind. "Told you," he said. He cleared his throat to hold back a chuckle. "You can call me Horus," he said, and I raised an eyebrow in question. "Yes, like the symbol that I had taken, Beta," he said.