Chapter 65

I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat, not liking the grave feeling that had fallen on us. "That doesn't explain why Bea was here," I said, and my grandmother smirked, biting back a small chuckle.

"Hmph," she said while she leaned back in her seat and folded her arms across her chest. "No, it doesn't, does it?" she asked while she raised an eyebrow in question, and I scowled and narrowed my eyes. "Why do you think that she is here?"

"I don't know, Grams, which is why I am asking you," I said sarcastically.

My grandmother shrugged and looked at me nonchalantly. "I don't know either," she said and winked, teasingly. "I am just the crazy tea lady, nothing more and nothing less." She took a sip of her tea to prove her point, and I rolled my eyes and scowled.

"We both know that isn't true, Grams," I replied coldly, and she chuckled and nodded, silently agreeing with me. I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat. "Now, what is the real reason why she is here?"

She cleared her throat and leaned back in her seat, growing serious. "Well," she said before she took a sip of her tea, and I held back an eye roll and scowled. "She wanted to know why she was sipping some tea at the same time as someone else." She gave me a pointed look, waiting for me to "fill in the blanks" in what she didn't say.

I leaned back in my seat and looked at her, slowly blinking. I didn't say a word while I studied her, neither denying nor confirming what she wanted me to say.

So it was true... I thought while I slowly blinked again and pressed my lips into a thin line. They are true mates.

But why did Filip act that way when I brought them up..?

My grandmother scowled and narrowed her eyes. "Well?" she asked while she raised an eyebrow in question. "What do you have to say?"

I furrowed my brows and cocked my head while I studied her. "What do you mean?" I asked while I raised an eyebrow in question. "I do not have anything to say."

My grandmother's scowl grew deeper, and she narrowed her eyes in warning. "Mmhmm," she said, and I could tell that she didn't believe me. "You are thinking about something, Alexandra Dear. You have that look on your face, so what is it? What are you thinking?"

I bit back a small sigh before I slowly nodded and moved a hand across my face. "I brought that to his attention a few nights ago," I said before I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat. "I told him that he could... "date" her or be with her, but he said that he couldn't."

"And why not?" she asked while she raised an eyebrow in question. She cocked her head and studied me, her eyes having this look in them as if she knew what he meant. "What did he tell you?"

I sighed and shook my head, deciding that it would be best not to ask her what that look meant. "He lives to serve someone," I said softly. "I don't know who he is serving, but he serves them. He doesn't have time to date or the energy or something along those lines," I said.

My grandmother hummed before she slowly nodded. She didn't say a word, and I could tell that she wanted me to elaborate on what I meant.

I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat, not saying a word while I looked at her. I wanted to see what she had to say, even though I had a feeling that she would continue to wait for me to elaborate on everything that I picked up on before she said anything.

Finally, my grandmother sighed and shook her head as if she knew that I wasn't going to say another word. "What you have picked up on is true," she said softly before she cleared her throat and shifted in her seat. "Filip and Bea are supposed to be together. They are second chance mates."

I furrowed my brows and cocked my head while I studied her, impressed and confused. "Then, why doesn't it happen, now?" I asked and raised an eyebrow in question. "Why aren't they together? Why do they have to h-"

She raised her hand to silence me, and I closed my mouth and pursed my lips in annoyance while I waited for her to answer my questions. "I can only answer one question at a time, Alexandra Dear," she said softly. "You do not need to bombard me with all of your questions at once. It's not worth it."

I rolled my eyes and scowled but didn't say another word while I waited for her to answer the questions that I had asked.

"Now, go ahead and finish your tea. Also, are you almost done with your food?" She raised an eyebrow in question and didn't answer any of my questions just yet.

I bit back a small sigh while I slowly nodded. "Yes, Ma'am," I said and pursed my lips in annoyance before I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat. "I am almost done with my food."

"Good, now, finish eating and then continue to drink your tea. No more talking until you finish everything. Is that understood?" She raised an eyebrow in question, and I rolled my eyes and scowled but did what she told me to do and continued to eat my food.

My grandmother chuckled and leaned back in her seat as if she knew that I wouldn't say another word.

She cleared her throat and grew serious, and I had a feeling that she would finally answer my question. "Now, Bea was here because I told her to come," she said before she took a sip of her tea.

Grams... I thought while she paused but didn't say a word. Hurry up and tell me what you are hiding from me, please. There is no need for these waiting games.

My grandmother sighed and leaned back in her seat. "She was curious about why she and Filip are meant to be together as well as who Horus was." She raised her eyebrows and shook her head, looking slightly annoyed and amused.

"I am wondering the same thing too, Grams," I said while I leaned back in my seat. I was about to fold my arms across my chest but stopped when she cleared her throat and gave me a pointed look.

I bit back a small sigh before I slowly started to eat again. "Who is Horus, and why can he see but can't see?" I asked while I raised an eyebrow in question.

My grandmother smiled sadly before she shook her head. "Unfortunately, I can not say," she said apologetically before she cleared her throat and took a sip of her tea. "Horus is someone that I do respect and trust, so you are able to trust him too." She gave me a pointed look, and I held back an eye roll while I scowled.

"It's not like I don't trust him; I don't like not knowing stuff, Grams," I said coldly. I took another bite of my food and cleared my throat while I shifted in my seat. "So why can't you tell me stuff about him, please?"

"Because he is dangerous," Salem said and gave me a pointed look, and I looked at them while I scowled and narrowed my eyes. "He's more dangerous than you, Lex."

I scoffed a laugh and rolled my eyes while I scowled. "Doesn't mean a damn thing," I said. "I'd still be able to fry him if I needed to."

My grandmother chuckled and slowly nodded. "Be careful of who you try to fry, Alexandra Dear," she said softly. "You don't know if they will be dangerous and will try to kill you." She raised her hand when I opened my mouth to say something, and I closed my mouth and pursed my lips in annoyance. "They might succeed." She gave me a pointed look, raising her eyebrows.

I sighed and shook my head while I finished my food and tea before I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat. "Well, Grams, I'd like to see them try," I said while I gave her a tired smirk and narrowed my eyes. "I'd like to see them try."