Chapter 12

"What were you doing last night?" Levi asked, coming to me. He stood at my side and watched as everyone worked to get food off of the truck in front of us. "He came last night, but your grandmother sent him away."

I marked off the boxes of hot dogs from the list I had on a clipboard and nodded for the male to get them dropped off. "Half of them in the freezer and see who had bought them for their houses. There should be a list on the big fridge of who had bought them. The rest of them go into the big fridge."

"Yes, A- Beta," he said, nodding his head. He bowed to Levi and walked away, pushing the cart in front of him.

"Bring the cart back this time, Cade. We still have a lot of food left to split."

"I will," he yelled back. "It was just one time."

"Four times. It was four times. Next time you don't bring the cart back when you are finished, you will deliver all of the food yourself. Oh, and I will make you mark off on everything. If something is missing, then... I don't know what I'll do to you... yet."

There were a pause and a curse. Cade knew that I wasn't joking. I would make him run laps around the pack border with some weights on, and he'd have to make sure that no one saw him. "I'll bring it back," he grumbled.

"Alexandra," Levi warned.

"I was asleep," I replied, rolling my eyes at him. I started to count the box of chips in front of me, making sure that we had everything. "He came too late."

"And why didn't you stay up to wait for him?" There was a bit of hurt in his voice, and I paused, surprised. He seemed upset that I didn't wait for him either, and I couldn't help but wonder if the spell was breaking some.

"I had taken some of Gram's tea, and it helped me fall fast asleep, surprisingly." I gestured for the person to get going after I made sure that we had everything. "You know what to do, Shane. Make sure that the machines are filled first."

Shane nodded his head. "I will," he promised. He bowed his head and left.

"Why did you drink tea? Did you know that it would knock you out?"

"I was hoping that it would," I replied, coldly. I started to count the meat, making sure that we had enough to last for a while.

"Why?"

I slammed the clipboard on the box and turned to look at him. A snarl was on my lips, and I glared at him. Deep annoyance and anger filled my body as I looked at him, praying to the Goddess that I wouldn't pounce.

Levi took a step back, his eyes becoming wide with shock. A look of fear flashed through his eyes, and he saw that I was dangerous and not some weak mutt. His mouth was a little open, but no sound came out as he waited for me to do something, say something.

"I have been having trouble sleeping, Alpha," I spat, baring my teeth. "Why the hell do you think that I was in the gym early last morning?"

Levi didn't say a word. He closed his mouth and studied.

I growled again, before turning back to what I was doing. I counted the boxes of meat and gestured with my hand for the female to leave. "There is a list on the fridge to split it between the pack members. Put three boxes in the fridge and the rest of them in the freezer."

The female nodded her head and pushed the cart away. Her face was pale, and I could tell that I had scared her.

I took a deep breath and let it out. "Sorry," I grunted before starting to count something else out. I trusted the people enough to give us the full boxes. However, I didn't trust them enough to make sure that they would give us all our boxes.