Chapter 6

"So, this is where you are hiding," Miguel said, coming into the room that I was in. "I thought you were done fighting for the day."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. I was upside down on a couple of those balancing balls doing pushups. "Do I look like I am fighting?" I asked.

"No, but by the broken punching bags and the amount of sand on the ground, I say that you were," he replied.

I sighed and got off the balance ball. I turned to Miguel and folded my arms across my chest. "And if I was?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "I am not hurting anyone."

Miguel shrugged his shoulder. "I thought you'd be tired after fighting Kaden," he said. "Then again, you are someone that does fight when you are annoyed or angry at something."

I grunted but nodded my head. "Why are you here?" I asked.

Miguel shrugged his shoulder and moved to the walls where we kept our weapons hidden. "Well," he said, putting his hand on one of the walls, causing the wall to fall away and reveal rows and rows of weapons. "I think I want to challenge you to a duel."

I raised an eyebrow and watched as he pulled out two lightsabers. I knew that they were fake and kids' toys, but those things really hurt and could be used as dummy swords. "Oh, really now?" I asked. I nudged the balance balls out of the way and caught the lightsaber that Miguel had thrown at me.

"Yes," he replied, nodding his head. He closed the wall and turned on the lightsaber, the blue light flashing.

I pressed the button and the red light flashed. "You shouldn't challenge to a duel, Young Padawan," I said, pointing the lightsaber at him.

Miguel scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Padawan?" he asked. "More like Jedi Knight."

I rolled my eyes and scoffed as he came towards me. "Yes, because you have the capability to defeat me." I blocked the attack that Miguel had done and shoved him back.

Miguel stumbled back before smirking. He did some moves, causing me to roll my eyes. "I have been practicing," he said. "I think I got this."

"You think," I replied. "You think and not know." I blocked his attack. "I think that you will lose again."

"Loser cleans the room?"

"Deal."

***

We were at a stalemate. Both of us had the other end of the lightsaber in our other hand and our feet were entangled with each other.

Both of us were trying to get the upper end, but it wasn't enough. With each pull or push from our opponent lead us to become unstable ourselves. Neither one of us could figure a way out nor would either of us back down.

"Alpha, Beta," someone said, amusement filling the person's voice. "Am I interrupting something?"

"Yes, Aaron," I said, keeping my eyes on Miguel. "What is it?"

"Uh... Alpha Levi has linked us to a meeting a couple of minutes ago. I was on my way there, but Carver stopped me and asked me to get you two. Your link wasn't open when I tried to contact you, so that is why I am here."

I was at a loss for words and hurt. I had no idea why Levi didn't call us to the meeting because we were the "Beta" and "Gamma". We were supposed to be up there with him, our place in the pack just as important as the Alpha ."Tie?" I asked, causing Miguel to nod his head.

We both relaxed at the same time and let go of each other, knowing full well that we might be at it again soon.

I took my gaze off of Miguel as he was going to put away the weapons, knowing that he wouldn't try anything... yet. "When is the meeting about to start?" I asked the stand in Gamma.

Aaron shrugged his shoulder, his dark brown eyes flashing a darker color. "Soon," he said, annoyance filling his voice. "I don't understand what has gotten into him, Alpha, but I don't like it."

"Neither do we," Miguel said, coming over to us. He handed me my shirt, causing me to nod my head in thanks. "Or, I think that Lexi knows something."

"I am partially aware of the problem," I replied, pulling my shirt over my head. I grimaced at the thought of going into a crowded room sweaty and smelling unpleasant, but I knew that it was my duty to be at the meeting.

"Will we listen to what he has to say?" Aaron asked, causing me to nod my head. He pursed his lips and ran a hand across the top of his head. "Bu-"

I held my hand, silencing him. "We are going to listen to what he has to say in front of his face. If we have to hide training and shit like that, then so be it. However, I will be contradicting what he has to say if he is planning on "ruining" the pack. My word will be law for the time being. Understood?"

They nodded their heads. "Yes, Alpha," they said in unison.

I took a deep breath and nodded my head. My heart ached in knowing that I was going to go against orders, but I had to do it. I had to do it so that the pack would survive."Ok," I said. "Let the games begin."