Beth Dutton

All day long you have been thinking about Beth. You just couldn't wait to get back home after work to be with your girl.

As you were driving home, a country love song was playing on the radio, and it was like it was written about you and her. Ever since you met Beth your head was in the clouds. She was the most mysterious and interesting woman you have ever met in your life. She was tough but there was a sweet side of her, almost unknown to most people. As you were driving back to the ranch, you felt the little box kept on the right pocket of your jacket. You had bought the ring almost three weeks ago, but you haven't had the courage to ask her yet.

When you finally arrived at the ranch, Beth was sitting by the steps of the front porch. She was wrapped up in an old blanket and was drinking tea. She smiled at you when you stopped the car and stepped outside.

"Hi.", she said.

"Hi baby.", you greeted her, before coming closer. You sat next to her on the steps and stole her tea to drink a little. "It's cold here outside.", you said.

"A bit.", Beth said. "But I like cold days."

You put your hands in your coat pockets to keep yourself warm. You feel again the little box you have been keeping next to you for the last weeks.

"Why don't you come closer?", Beth said giving you space to stand wrapped up in that old blanket with her. "I don't bite... Well, unless you want.", she winked at you.

You smiled shyly.

"Is everything okay, baby?", Beth asked. You were acting kinda weird.

Your heart was racing inside your chest, making you hear it drumming in your head. Those four words were dancing around your tongue.

You looked at Beth sitting so close to you and you finally took the little box out of your pocket. The expression on Beth's face changed. Her big beautiful eyes were surprised.

"Beth... Will you marry me?", you asked nervously. You loved Beth so much that you wanted to make her your wife officially.

She didn't answer your question for a couple of seconds, making it look like an eternity to you. But then she came closer and her sweet lips met yours in a passionate kiss.

"Is that a yes?", you asked when you finally broke the kiss.

Beth smiled.

"Nothing would make me happier in this goddamn world.", she said.