Ryan

Requested by: Actress415

Hope you like it ;)

*****

It's been almost a month since you and Ryan started to date. But even though you love him to death, nobody in the ranch knows about it. And why? Well, mostly because you are John's daughter and you know very well how your father is protective about you. John always wanted the best for his kids, especially for you and Beth because you are the only daughters. It took him a while to accept the fact that Beth and Rip are a couple. He says that Rip is like a son to him, so it was indeed easier for Beth to get engaged with her sweetheart.

But your case was different. Even though your father trusted Ryan, you are not sure if he would like his other daughter to date a cowboy. You were afraid he would forbid you to see him, even though you were a grown-up woman. You didn't want Ryan to lose his job that he loves so much. But you are the younger child and your father was always extra protective about you.

You love Ryan and he loves you so much, more than you ever thought a man could love you. So you and Ryan decided to keep it a secret. At least for a while...

You met him at the barn before another day of work. Ryan was going to town with Rip and Jimmy to buy some stuff for the ranch that your dad wanted. You entered the barn looking for Ryan.

- Ryan? – You called him. The barn was silent and for a couple of seconds you thought that maybe Ryan forgot you were supposed to meet there.

But your doubts soon went away when Ryan jumped in front of you coming from one of the horse's box.

- Hey! – He exclaimed scaring you.

You took your hands to the face. Your heart was racing.

- You scared me! – You confessed and saw a smile on his lips.

- Sorry baby. – Ryan smiled and hold you his arms spinning you around. - You thought I forgot we were going to meet?

- For some moments I thought...

- I could never forget, darling. – He landed you on the ground and his lips met yours. He tasted like coffee but you liked it. His kiss was gentle and soft with his hands travelling through your back. He kept you in his arms for a while after the kiss was over. – I love you (Y/N), you know?

You smiled.

- I know... - You mumbled. – I just wish we didn't have to keep it a secret.

Ryan sighed.

- Maybe one day we won't... - He said.

...

From the front porch of the house, you watched Ryan get in the car with Rip and Jimmy. He was standing behind the wheel and gave you a quick look. You didn't know how long you would resist without telling the world you were in love with Ryan.

The music on the radio was filling the silence inside the car. Rip was looking outside the window, watching the large fields and the mountains in the distance. Ryan was driving trying to stay focus on the road but you were still on his mind. He just couldn't wait to go back to the ranch to see you. He was wondering if you could escape tonight to meet him again in the barn.

- You like her, don't you Ryan? - Jimmy suddenly asked, speaking for the first time since he got in the car.

Ryan was so caught up on his own thoughts that he thought he heard Jimmy wrong.

- I think it's kinda obvious. – Jimmy said.

- What? – Ryan asked trying to look confused. How could Jimmy knew that? He was just a kid.

And next to him, Rip laughed.

- Everybody knows, Ryan. – He said.

Everybody? How? Ryan and you tried to be careful so nobody could notice it.

- Even John? – Ryan suddenly asked.

Rip just nodded.

- Nobody hides a secret from John Dutton for too long. - He said.

Maybe you and Ryan didn't had to keep your love a secret anymore.