Beth Dutton

You were sitting at one of the bar tables when you noticed her. She was sitting at the counter smoking a cigarette thoughtfully. You couldn't help but think about how beautiful she was. There was something fascinating about her, as if she could capture everyone's attention when entering a room. She had a magical glow.

For a long time you watched her go to town for work or there at the bar, but you never managed to find the courage to speak to her. She was intimidating, with her deep and lonely eyes.

But this time, in a rare moment of courage, you rose from your seat and walked to the bar. You sat down next to her and then ordered another beer.

"Can I buy you a beer?", you got the courage to ask her and she finally looked in your direction.

"Sorry?" she said. She was distracted and didn't hear what you said.

"I asked if you wanted a beer...", you repeated. "If I can offer you one."

She looked at you, as if analyzing your face carefully before speaking again:

"Sure. Why not?" She said, and you called the bartender for two beers.

"I'm (Y/N), by the way.", you said and you reached out your hand to greet her.

"Beth Dutton.", she said after shake your hand. "But I bet you already knew that."

You nodded. Everybody around you know who are the members of the Dutton's family.

"It's nice to meet you, Beth.", you said and then the barman gave you the beers. 

Beth took a sip of the cold beer and then spoke again:

"How long have you been trying to find courage to talk to me?", she asked. "I see you here so many times. I know you look at me a lot."

How did she know? Was it all obvious? 

"I don't know...", you said. "For a while, I guess."

Beth looked at you and pressed her lips into a smile.

"Am I that intimidating? I don't bite, you know that don't ya?", she said and winked at you.