Kayce Dutton / Rip Wheeler

Inspired by the song: Take her off your hands - Midland

*****

She chose her best summer dress, combining it with pretty little earrings and pink lipstick, just to go out on a Saturday night. The old bar was full of cowboys getting drunk and laughing, but she only had eyes for one cowboy: Rip Wheeler.

When he walks in, she fixes her hair and takes a sip of her cold beer watching him, even though he doesn't even see her. His presence is so notorious to her, making her heart race every time she sees him. Working on the Dutton's Ranch, they share briefly words about work, so she doesn't know how to approach him on a Saturday night at the bar. 

She drums her fingers on the bar table, wondering if Rip would turn her away if she just stood up and ask him to dance with her. He sure doesn't look like the type of cowboy that dances.

Rip looks around the space, clearly looking for someone. Out of the blue, his eyes suddenly meet hers for brief seconds, and even though he, of course, recognized her from the Ranch, he doesn't even sent a smile in her direction.

As the bar doors open, he is drawn to the woman that walks inside. A smile escapes his lips as he sees Beth, the woman he secretly loves. 

Sitting on the bar stool, Kayce Dutton sees the ice melting on his whiskey glass. From where he is, he can see her watching Rip with sadness in her eyes, as she takes another sip of her cold beer. How could Rip not notice a girl like her? Kayce thought to himself, that she didn't put that dress on to end up with tears in her pretty eyes. 

The jukebox in the corner of the crowded room is playing another old country love song and Kayce just stands there watching a fool missing his chance, when he would give everything to be the one she desires.