Kayce Dutton

You had argued with your husband Kayce... It was all because you didn't like the way John seemed to want to rule his ranch, causing Kayce to put himself in danger sometimes. You knew that John was capable of anything for his ranch, and that he loved his children very much, but sometimes Kayce was putting himself in danger for the ranch. 

Sometimes he kept secrets from you too. Your husband would rather lie to you than tell the truth and make you worried about where he was going or what he was going to do.

On that morning, you and Kayce had another one of your fights because you asked him where he went last night, but he didn't want to tell you. You were so frustrated... So you went to the stable and picked your favorite horse. You just needed to get away from that house for a little. You just wanted to clear your mind.

...

Kayce felt bad for lying to you. He said that everything was fine, but the truth is that it was not. There were too many problems with the ranch and Kayce had to be on his father's side. He would do anything to preserve what was theirs... Even if it meant putting himself in danger at times.

He just didn't want you to worry about it.

He saw the way you got upset because of the fight you two had, and he thought you probably needed some time alone. Kayce loved you more than anything and it broke his heart to argue with you. He never wanted to hurt you.

So he spent his morning on the ranch. There was always a lot to do on a ranch and Kayce loved to get his hands on work.

But then the morning passed and you had not yet returned home. Kayce started to get worried...

He waited until lunch, but no sign of you. So he went to the stable and took a horse to look for you. The grounds of the ranch were immense, and he rode looking for you. He was starting to get really worried. 

His heart almost stopped beating when he finally saw you. Your horse was away and you were lying on the ground.

 Your horse was away and you were lying on the ground

He hurried to get to you, to see that your leg was bleeding.

"Honey...", he said, dismounting the horse to help you. "What happened?"

"The horse was startled by a snake...", you said, holding your leg. "It hurts a lot ..."

"I'm going to take you to the hospital right now. Don't worry, my love.", Kayce said, holding you slowly. "I'm sorry about the fight... I was an idiot. From now on there won't be any more secrets between us, okay?", He said and you nodded. "I love you so much (Y/N)... Forever and ever. "