John Dutton

Sometimes loving John wasn't easy, but as everybody says, nothing that is worth is ever easy.

When you married John Dutton you knew exactly who he was and what he does. You just never thought you would feel this lonely on the ranch when John leaves the house at the break of the dawn and returns sometimes in the middle of the night. You can feel that he hides secrets from you, not because he doesn't trust you, but because he says it's better for you not to know. 

You love your husband John so much, that you can't stop yourself from feeling worried about him all the time.

It was the middle of the week when you and John had a stupid fight. Lately, all you seem to do is argue about stupid things when John is at home. He says there's no need for you to worry about him, and you tell him that you love him so much that you can't help but feel worried every time he leaves the ranch to do God knows what.

But this time, the fight got a little worst, with you and John saying thing you didn't really mean.

"I can't stop worrying about you, John, when you leave to God knows where, and you get home late and with the smell of gunpowder.", you said angrily.

"Well, maybe you should stop worrying so damn much.", he exclaims.

During all day, you found yourself replaying the morning fight in your head. You couldn't keep living like that anymore... Worrying to death about John.

John found you in the stable brushing your horse. You were humming a country song you loved, when you noticed someone was coming.

"What are you doing here?", you ask, surprised to see John there in the middle of the day. Wasn't he supposed to be out there with the cattle?

"I'm here to say I'm sorry.", John spoke and sound sincere. 

"I was a goddamn fool, darling

"I was a goddamn fool, darling.", he says, taking his hat off and looking at you. "Can you forgive me?"

You were standing by the door with the hands in the pocket of your jeans.

"I just don't want us to keep arguing.", you speak after some moments of pure silence. "I love you so much, John. But I don't think I can handle living like this anymore.", you confess and John takes a step closer, waiting for you to tell him everything you need to say. "No more secrets. No more lies. Can we do that?"

"Sure, darling.", John says. "I never wanted to hurt your feelings, I just can't risk putting you in any kind of danger. I couldn't bare to live in a world without you..."

"Oh John...", you mumble as he holds you close to his chest in a hug.

"You're the best thing in my life, (Y/N).", John whispers into your hair, thinking to himself that he never thought he could love someone as much as he loves you.