Rip Wheeler / Ryan

As the daughter of the great John Dutton, you spent a lot of time at the ranch and you knew all the cowboys. Like your brother Kayce, you loved the country life. You grew up riding a horse and being free in the ranch.

Rip was always around. You were friends since you were a kid and everyone knew that he felt something more for you, but he never said anything. Rip was a quiet and discreet man and maybe it wasn't true that he liked you more than a friend.

You never asked him about his feelings and he had never asked about yours either.

When Ryan arrived at the ranch, you became interested in him almost instantly. There was something about him that attracted you: maybe his friendly ways or the way he liked to talk to you. Over the months, you and Ryan were getting closer and closer while you and Rip were speaking less and less. Rip was always busy and you understood... You just missed your best friend.

Sometimes on Friday nights you and Ryan went out to dance in a bar. He made you feel happy and you couldn't help feeling that you started to slowly fall in love with him.

Could he be the man of your life? You often asked that to yourself.

On the bar, Alan Jackson's music continued to play and Ryan held you in his arms dancing with you.

"I really like you, (Y / N)", he said.

You looked at him, unsure of what to say.

"You don't have to tell me you like me too.", Ryan said. "It's okay."

"I like you too, Ryan...", you confessed. "I really do."

Ryan curved his lips in a smile and came closer to you. His face was closer to yours than ever. You started to feel your face heating up.

"Can I kiss you?", Ryan asked suddenly.

You just nodded.

In that moment you couldn't see, but Rip had just arrived to the bar. He was standing by the entrance of the bar staring at the love of his life in the arms of another man.

 He was standing by the entrance of the bar staring at the love of his life in the arms of another man