John Dutton

When you woke up in the morning the place next to you in bed was empty. Outside the sun had risen a few hours ago and you knew that your husband John was already at work. After getting out of bed you went to the shower and let the warm water wash your body and hair. With your eyes closed while you soaped your hair you thought about the night before with John and a smile came to your lips.

You dressed in your clothes to go out and went downstairs to find your stepdaughter Beth sitting at the large dining table. She was drinking a green smoothie with a cigarette on her lips.

"Good morning.", you greeted.

"Good morning.", she replied cordially. 

You two didn't have a close relationship but Beth, despite not admitting it, sympathized with you and knew how happy you made her father.

You went to the kitchen and asked the cook to make you some coffee to take to work, but when you got back to the dining room, Beth was already gone.

With your coffee in hand, you got into your jeep to go to the town where your little clothing store was located. You turned on the radio to listen to an old Willie Nelson country song as you drove. The day was sunny and you opened the window to feel the morning breeze. You were humming to the beat of the song when you noticed a flock of birds flying in circles in the sky. You knew that was never a good omen.

Your heart almost stopped beating when you saw John's car parked on the road.

"My god...", you muttered, continuing to drive towards him as fast as possible.

You stopped the car in the middle of the road and ran out of it to your husband.

"John!", you shouted with your heart almost out of your mouth.

He turned his face towards you and only then you noticed the blood.

"John... my God!", you said kneeling down beside him. "What happened? You have to go to the hospital!"

 "What happened? You have to go to the hospital!"

"I'm glad you're here, honey.", John said. "Call Rip. He can come here and help us."

You nodded and tried to stay calm with shaking fingers while holding the phone.

"I love you, darling...", John mumbled closing his eyes.

"John!", you said holding the phone against your shoulder. "Don't you die on me, John. Don't you dare.", you said touching his face.

It took him some seconds to speak again.

"I'm just resting my eyes, honey.", he said making you sigh in relief.

On the other side of the line, Rip finally answered.

"Tell him to hurry up.", said John and you nodded.

"It's gonna be okay, John.", you said as you sat beside him on the road hoping Rip wouldn't take to long to get there.

*****

I have to admit this was one of my favorite imagines to write. Hope y'all like it :)