Kayce Dutton

As much as you wanted to deny it, you knew that what you had with Kayce couldn't last much longer... It wasn't that you didn't love him, but that life wasn't the one you dreamed of.

Kayce worked with her father doing God knows what and came home late and with bruises he couldn't explain. How you were supposed to be his future wife if he didn't trust you enough to tell you what was going on. You loved him so much, but sometimes in life it seemed like love wasn't enough.

Kayce caught you putting your bags in the back of your truck.

"(Y/N)!", he exclaimed getting near you. "What's wrong?", He asked.

You felt breathless. Inside your chest your heart was racing. You never wanted to say goodbye.

"I'm leaving, Kayce.", You manage to say, trying to contain the tears forming inside your eyes.

Kayce looked at you trying to find the words to say. He knew how much keeping secrets from you was hurting you. It wasn't that he didn't love you, he just wanted to keep you safe. The less you knew the better. But Kayce knew that if he continued acting that way he would end up losing the woman he most loved... You.

"Please...", Kayce said. His eyes were looking at the ground like he feared looking at your hurtfull eyes.

"Kayce...", You felt a knot on your throat. "I love you, I really do, but I can't keep living this way. I think it's better for us to..."

"Don't say it.", Kayce spoke.  "You don't need to." 

"I am really sorry, Kayce

"I am really sorry, Kayce.", You said giving a last look to the man you love before getting inside the car to drove off the Dutton's ranch.