Chapter One

The three Fates watched the Isle, having just cut another life string of a resident there. The poor dear couldn't have been more than five or six.

"Honestly," Clotho shook her head. "What's the point in me going through all the work to spin their life threads if we're just going to cut them in a few years anyway?"

"Well it's our job," Lachesis told her. "Just as it's Lord Hades' job to judge the souls that come to him. At least Beastie allowed him the ability to still run the Underworld. Imagine the state of things if his incompetent hench-imps were running things."

"Oh now they're not that bad," Clotho said. "Besides, Lady Persephone would probably be the one running things. Not to mention there are other judges. As well, Beastie brought villains back from the dead because he felt death too good for them."

That had been a fun conversation, when he had asked her to spin new life threads for the villains who had died by the hands of their respective heroes. She would have refused if Atropos hadn't reminded her that they were bound to do it.

"Besides, Beastie's dealt with a loved one having their life thread cut," Lachesis said and Clotho sighed. It was always tough to cut the threads of those who hadn't even had a chance to live yet.

"You know..." she said. "We could probably save ourselves a ton of work if we were to let Beastie know exactly what's happening on the Isle."

"Why would we do that? Besides his son's to take the throne in a month anyway," Atropos scoffed. "And if you say it'll give Lord Hades less work, why should we even care about that? We make the threads, we cut the threads, Hades judges the souls. It's how things have always worked since the dawn of time."

"He's always been so complimentary to us though—."

"Clotho, we're not supposed to reveal the future! The last time we did that, Hades kidnapped Zeus' bouncy baby brat!"

"Technically, that was his hench-imps. And we're also not supposed to make new threads for those who've died either but we did that at Beastie's behest. What would be the harm in gathering a few people and letting them see what the Isle's truly like?"

On top of that, Lord Hades would be able to have people know the truth about his daughter. Oh just because it wasn't in the registry didn't mean the Fates didn't know who his elder child was. They had made her life thread after all, and they had seen the moment it had turned bright gold.

Just as his other child's had.

"Oh alright," Atropos sighed. "Gather them up, have them read a book for all I care! But if this ends poorly, I won't be to blame!"

Clotho nodded and pulled out their shared eyeball, holding it up so that it floated in midair. Spinning around, it glowed bright before the light enveloped the room. When it faded, the lair of the Fates was now a cozy living area with a couple of sofas, a few beanbag chairs and a dog bed.

It was also filled with a lot more people than had currently been there.

"Uma! Harry!" A purple haired girl exclaimed, rushing toward a teal haired and a black haired teen around her age. She was followed by a taller boy who was wearing a red beanie on his raven hair. A blue haired girl and a black and white haired boy lingered off to the side.

"Mal!" Uma grinned. "Gods cuz, you're acting like it's been a month since we saw you!"

"Shut it," Mal chuckled and hugged her cousin.

"I'm sorry, cousin?" Hercules asked and the two Godlings broke their hug in shock at hearing his voice. Sure enough they were not alone.

"That's right, Wonderbreath, cousin," Mal nodded, crossing her arms over her chest. "Not like any of you Olympians cared to check on that did you?"