Chapter Eighty Five

CJ grabbed the scroll nearest her and unfurled it with a flourish.

"No need to be dramatic," Harriet chuckled.

"I'm pretty sure drama's in our genetics," CJ said as she shook her head.

The weather seemed to almost taunt them as the group of five made their way to the Isle of the Lost. Instead of the typical gorgeous weather, the sky was overcast with light grey clouds and a slight chill. Mal was certain that if she didn't have her jacket, she'd have been dealing with another round of chills.

Benji frowned slightly and wrapped his arm around Malinda. "I wish you'd told me," he whispered.

"What could you have done?" Malinda whispered back to him.

That would have been the worst possible thing at that point because there was no way she could justify to herself pushing back this food run. The applications had been completed and approved so all that was left was to get them passed out among the kids of the Isle.

Uma shook her head. "Why is my cousin so stubborn? You know Jay, Harry, and I would have been able to do the food run if you had a chill attack."

My crew can handle that, she thought as they made their way over the bridge. I actually wonder what all they've been up to since Uma and Harry came over. I hope Henry hasn't been working himself too hard. I remember he used to train nonstop—the only ones who trained more than him would probably be Harry or Uma. Maybe me or Jay, or Harriet.

"Henry? Not training hard?" Harriet asked with a small chuckle.

Sammy shook her head. "I honestly think that if he didn't, we'd have to look back into that intervention," she said.

The rest of the crew didn't seem like they had changed according to Uma or Harry. Bonny was still the best at maintaining their weapons, Dustin was still a well meaning prat who had way too many flings if Mal was being honest, and Nick and Jake were inseparable. Same with CJ and Ryan.

"Of course! Why would the crew change?" Harry asked.

You know, I'm a little surprised Jay didn't throw out Jade's name back when we were planning the next group considering she used to pal around with Locklyn and Brooke and they're now in Freddy's little cult, Mal thought as Ben drove across the bridge.

Jay sighed. "That's a good point, I wonder why scroll-me didn't point that out," he said.

Then again, Jade's one of the older girls so she'd probably want a spot to go to a younger VK. Still, we'll get her off the Isle one way or another. She's Jay's family after all. Speaking of family.. hmm...I wonder if I can stop by dad's restaurant while we're here? The Auradon food is great but there's nothing like dad's garlic crispy chicken after all.

"You honestly think we'd stop you from stopping by Lord Hades' restaurant and miss our chance to eat his food?" Jay asked.

"What are you thinking about?" Jay asked with a small chuckle as he looked over at Mal.

"Knowing Mal, I think it's a safe guess," Harry said with a small chuckle.

"What do you think? Uncle Hades' food probably," Uma said with a chuckle of her own before Mal had a chance to answer. "I mean, I don't blame her. Uncle Hades has some awesome food after all."

Hades chuckled as he shook his head. "Why thank you Uma. Though I do have to say you have an advantage over the others considering you can quite literally read Mal's mind."