Chapter Thirty Two

Meg sighed as she unfurled the scroll. Here's hoping this scroll isn't as intense, she thought.

The next morning, Mal wandered around the Isle with Estelle trotting loyally by her side; trying to find her crew.

"Was that really a good idea?" Chip asked with a small frown. "Walking on your own like that?"

Audrey nodded. "I'm with the teacup there. I know you can take care of yourself Mal but walking around without backup...?"

"I was fine," Mal scoffed. "Besides, I had Estelle with me."

Normally she'd go straight for the docks but her dad had forbidden her from going there.

"Of course I did!" Hades said with a nod of his head.

Not one to tempt fate by having her dad find out she disobeyed him, especially with Freddy still out there, Mal decided to check the other places. Starting first with the clubhouse.

"Always the best place to start if you're looking for the boys," Uma nodded. "Mama's restaurant is probably the best place to look for me if you strike out at the clubhouse."

"Yeah well why do you think I started at the clubhouse?" Mal asked her. "If it was just Harry and Jay, I'd have someone with me when we went to go get you from Ursula's."

If Harry and Jay got locked out of their homes, odds were they were there—hopefully not nursing any wounds for going after Freddy. Though knowing the boys the way she did, Mal wouldn't put it past them.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence Mal," Jay said as he shook his head in fond exasperation.

After all, the smoke covered Freddy's face so it was likely the Dragon wouldn't find out. Yet. Her spies were everywhere after all.

"They weren't at the docks," Hades said with a smirk. "By that time, I'd made it so anyone associated with Maleficent couldn't step foot on my side of the Isle. Well except for Jay."

"Boys? Uma?" Mal called as she opened the gate to the clubhouse and climbed the stairs.

"In here Mal!" Uma called.

"Are you three alright?"

"Why wouldn't they be alright?" Melody asked.

"If they went after Freddy..." Mal said and Melody nodded.

"I'm fine. So's Jay. This idiot however..." Uma said as she tried to wrap Harry's ribs with a makeshift bandage, Harry trying to squirm from her grasp.

"What happened?!" Emir and Akiho exclaimed. It was weird, they only knew Harry for a few hours. But they could see that Mal made Ben happy and Mal was friends with Harry. Therefore if Mal was worried over Harry, then Ben would be worried too—and Ben didn't need anymore stress in his life.

Harry sighed. "I'm sure you'll find out soon enough," he muttered.

"Nothing that wasn't to be expected," Harry muttered and sighed as he saw Mal's face.

CJ frowned. "But...if you didn't go after Freddy...why would you expect...?"

She trailed off as a memory from when she was seven came flooding back. It was the night Harry saved Mal from drowning, only she hadn't known that at the time, and Harriet was leading her to her room as quickly as possible. In the background though she could hear her father's voice...and the occasional grunt of pain that could only come from...from Harry.