Chapter Seventy Six

Ariel sighed softly as she unfurled the scroll. While she was glad that scroll Mal was finally getting the support and relief, she just wished it hadn't taken so long.

Uma sighed as she walked into her dorm.

"Are you sighing because it took you so long to do this or because you know it's not going to be easy?" Celia asked.

"Probably both," Uma said.

She figured it would be the best place to start looking for Mal, even if she was constantly on the move.

"I mean, she's got a point," Rowyn nodded. "At some point Mal'll have to come back to her dorm."

Even if she wasn't there, there was a chance that she'd come back and Uma could grab her then.

"Exactly what I said!"

"No one disagreed with you Ro," Ruby chuckled.

Even better would be if Estelle was with her because then Uma would have backup that Mal couldn't say no to. Well, Estelle or Hadie would work but Uma wasn't picky.

"If I hadn't had the fight with Mal, scroll me would be able to help..." Hadie said, his voice soft.

Luckily, Mal was in their dorm but Uma had to pause as she saw Mal put something in her eye. What in the world...?

"Contacts..." Malinda muttered with a small sigh.

"I thought there might have been something different going on with your eyes but I wasn't sure," Uma said as she walked into their dorm.

"So...you're the only one who noticed the difference?" CJ asked.

"I'm her cousin, I should hope so," Uma said.

Unfortunately, their dorm was empty but as long as Mal was there, Uma wasn't all that disappointed.

"If Mal's there, doesn't that mean that the dorm's not empty?" Celia asked.

"Your eyes were not that dark when you were younger. I'm your cousin, I should know."

"Exactly," Uma said with a small nod.

"It's nothing Uma," Mal sighed and shook her head, setting the contact down since it seemed that Uma was insisting on talking.

"Last thing I wanted to do was poke myself in the eye while I was talking," Malinda said, shaking her head.

She wasn't so skilled that she could do two things at the same time.

"It does take some practice," Elle nodded. She'd tried contacts when she was in middle school but her glasses just were easier to have. She would still wear her contacts for super formal events like Cotillion though.

"I just...I just wanted a change is all."

Ariel couldn't help the sad smile that pulled at her lips. "Mal...I think you've changed enough."

"Hey it's not a big deal Mali. It's not like they're turning yellow or anything. But...why? I thought you were over the whole 'hating your eyes' thing?" Uma said, keeping her voice gentle.

You'd be wrong there cuz, Malinda thought as her hand gently brushed her stomach. Please...please have your father's eyes little one.

Sure they were probably wasting time on this but Ben would probably appreciate the extra time to get Aunt Steph into Auradon.

"So...then you're not wasting time," Sammy said. "If Ben would appreciate the extra time, it is the opposite of wasting time."