Chapter Nineteen

Snow White took a scroll and sighed softly. While it was interesting to learn more about the Isle, she found herself hoping this would be a more positive scroll than the ones that came before it.

Mal had to give Evie credit. When she made a threat, she stuck with it.

"Well that's not looming or vaguely threatening at all," Rose tried to joke. Tried being the operative word."

With all the excitement of bringing Jay into the fold and teaching him how to sword fight, something Harry was all too eager to do though that may have been due to the fact that Jay was a beginner and not because Harry just wanted to teach, Mal had forgotten about her little head to head with Blueberry. The days passed by and all too soon, the princess's birthday had arrived.

Harry couldn't help but smirk at the reminder of the first few training sessions with Jay. "Those were fun."

"You say that because you kicked my...butt," Jay muttered, changing his word of choice after remembering there were under fifteens present.

It seemed like everyone on the Isle had been invited to the six year old's party. Everyone but Mal, that is.

"If I remember my history and all the stories correctly, maybe it wasn't a good idea to not invite the person you saw as the daughter of Maleficent to a party?" Phillip Jr. spoke up.

Trust me, I learned that rather quickly, Evie thought with a small frown.

That's okay. I didn't want to go to Blueberry's dumb party anyway, Mal thought as she stared out from the balcony of Maleficent's castle, one of the few mornings she opted to stay around the dragon.

"Uh huh. Me thinks the Godling protests too much," Hyllus shook his head.

Using a discarded telescope that had made its way from Boreadon, Mal could see that the guests were getting animals as party favors.

"Who...who uses animals as party favors?" Alexandria exclaimed.

"Evil Queen," Uma shrugged.

"I mean, it's not like we had much else in terms of stuff to use as favors," Jay added.

"I think she used them to curry favor," Carlos spoke up. "I got a cat but I...I also got a hyena pup. I think Evil Queen was trying to lure my mom over to her side with the promise of more fur."

Mal shook her head. "Thank Gods we got that pup out of there."

"I wasn't going to let anything happen to the pup, Mal," Carlos said.

"Who else got a pup?" Cinderella asked.

Jay tapped his chin in thought. "There were four pups, two girls and two guys. Evie kept one of course on top of having Iago's son. Carols, you just heard, had one. Gaston Jr. got one and the last one went to—."

"Maddy," Mal said, rolling her eyes.

"I'm sensing history?" Akiho asked.

Uma nodded. "Mad Madam Mim's granddaughter. She and Mal used to be friends until they had a falling out when they were three. That's when Mal met me."

Cats and eels and all sorts of creatures would find their way to new homes.

"Eels?" Ariel asked.

"Flotsam and Jetsam's kids," Uma said. "I think Jay got them."

Jay nodded and then smirked as he looked over at Uma. "Does that make you the mother of my eels?"