Chapter Ninety One

Audrey resisted the urge to roll her eyes as she grabbed her scroll. Honestly, if she'd volunteered her brother to read, she'd have gotten lectured.

While Ryan and Ben were having their time with their sisters, Mal smiled as she enjoyed some one on one time with her dad.

"Nothing's better than one on one time with a parent," Kitty said with a grin.

"Unless you're being lectured," Lucy pointed out.

"Very true!"

Such time was rarer than sun on the Isle now that she was in Auradon and it would always be treasured.

"And that will never change," Malinda said, nodding her head.

"You know you can't always duck over to the Isle whenever you want, right Mali?" Hades asked as he started to whip up some of his garlic crispy chicken for her.

"I mean I don't do it anymore," Malinda said. "Not since Ben got Zeus to agree to have the portal open year round so dad could live in Auradon with mom, Hadie, and me but still be able to do his job."

"...I'm sorry what?" Hades asked.

"Probably could have eased them into that," Benji chuckled as even Zeus looked a little shocked at his future actions.

Malinda shrugged. "It was a wedding present."

He didn't need the Olympian mind link to know that's what she wanted. At some point, he'd have to talk to Beastie Jr. about possibly getting a delivery service set up so that Mal could have his cooking over there in Auradon.

"Yes please!" Mal and Hadie said at the same time.

Benji chuckled as he looked at his wife. "And here I thought saying 'please' was an Isle no-no?"

"Rules change if it means getting dad's chicken," Malinda shrugged.

But for right now, he'd savor the moments he got with his daughter.

"Any good father would always savor the moments he gets with his children," Kit said.

She certainly seemed happier than the first time he saw her, after all that handler nonsense got resolved.

"Good," everyone in the room said. Yes everyone.

Hey Audrey might not have trusted the VKs but she had to deal with Natalie as well. No one deserved that!

All he would say there is that that Natalie woman was lucky it had been Steph in Auradon and not him. She'd have gotten more done to her than just an inability to grow plants, that was for certain.

"Believe me dear, I'm sure my scroll self wanted to do more," Persephone said, her voice low.

"Dad!"

"Whoa! Mali! What happened?" Hades asked as Mal rushed into his arms.

"A mini she-demon happened!" Macaria said, crossing her arms.

"Normally I'd say the kids from the Isle are influencing your kids, but then I remember she's got Meg for a mom," Hades said to Hercules.

Without thinking, he wrapped her up in a hug and frowned as it felt as if Mal's shoulders were shaking. Almost as if she was crying. But Mal didn't cry. The exception to that rule was obviously near death experiences but Hades didn't think Mal had any of those over in Boreadon. After all, all the villains were on the Isle.