Chapter Five

Lonnie grinned as she unfurled the scroll and leaned back in her chair. "Alright, let's get down to business."

The next couple of months flew by and before Hades knew it, he and Persephone had fallen into a routine of parenthood. While things were still a little chilly between the adults in that Hades was sleeping in the guest room, Persephone had taken a shine to Mal.

"Of course I did," Persephone smiled. "How could I not?"

Because she's a villain! Leah thought with an inward sniff.

It was rare that the Goddess of Vegetation was without Mal in her arms; the only time she forwent holding Mal was when Persephone would take a walk around the Isle. It wasn't because she wanted to leave the baby behind, but it was too big of a risk.

"Because of Maleficent," all the VKs nodded causing Leah and Audrey to scowl in displeasure.

Everyone knew she lived with Hades. By now, everyone on the Isle would have at least heard of Hades grabbing Maleficent's child.

While most of the citizens of the Isle were moronic, there were a select few who had more than two brain cells to rub together. There was nothing more dangerous than an aggravated Maleficent and if she saw Persephone walking around with Mal, it would not be a pleasant result.

"For her," Macaria said with a small smile. "Aunt Persephone would still have access to her her powers since the barrier only blocks evil magic!"

"You know I like her," Mal muttered to Uma with a small nod.

"Me too. She may be Wonderbreath's but she clearly has a brain. Must come from her mom," Uma muttered back.

That didn't mean anything inside Hades' lair. When they were inside, it was as if the Isle didn't exist.

"Hi Mali," Persephone cooed as she carried the young demi-Goddess around, the purple haired Fae squealing in delight.

"You squealed?" Uma asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Babies squeal," Mal rolled her eyes. "Celia squealed when she was a baby after all, and so did Hadie."

"Aww! You're so happy! Yes you are! Who's the prettiest girl in the Underworld?"

"Hmm, think you're tied with her there Steph," Hades said, kissing his wife's cheek.

"And I think you might be biased dear," Persephone told him but smiled at her husband.

Hades walked up and couldn't help but smile at the sight. His wife had never looked better, with her long brown hair tied up in a messy bun, her body clad in a sweatshirt and sweatpants that Mal had spit up on about five times since Persephone got to the Isle, and just walking Mal around the den; his daughter's thick purple hair messy from sleep.

"I'm pretty sure a Goddess could make any look work," Ashaki stated.

Aladdin shook his head as he stared lovingly at his wife. "Not true Ash. When you're a parent, you'll understand that there is truly no better sight than seeing your spouse holding your child."

Hades leaned against the doorframe and took in the sight.

"After six months, I missed having her around the Underworld," Hades said, pulling Persephone close to him.

"Enjoying the view?" Persephone asked as she caught sight of him and giving him a small smile.

"I was," Hades nodded, returning the smile. "What are you two ladies up to?"