Chapter Sixty Four

"Wait...before we read, should we maybe wake up Leah?" David asked as Milah grabbed one of the scrolls.

Audie smirked. "Leave that to me," she said. After all, she'd been getting the memories of what was happening in her timeline and she knew just what to say to wake up her drama queen of a grandmother.

"Mal and Ben have three children together in my timeline. Oh, and I marry the son of the Captain of Charmington's guards and have two amazing sons," she whispered in Leah's ear.

"What?"

"Oh shame, she's alive," Harriet said, her voice flat as Leah awoke.

"Be nice Harriet," Milah warned even as a chuckle escaped her lips.

"Yeah that's not happening. Not to her," Harriet shook her head.

Ben, Mal and Akiho made their way to the council room where Leah's fate would be decided.

"My fate? What could they possibly mean by that?"

"Oh right, you were passed out," Phil Jr. said. "They found out in the scrolls that you were the one making it so that the Isle had rotten food all the time. So your scroll-self is likely about to receive the same punishment you did, grandmother."

"At least she didn't pass out again," Phillip muttered as Leah stared in shock.

After all, once the council heard everything that Leah had done, they would have to vote to change it. To make everything better for people on the Isle. Right?

"And if they don't, they're as heartless as she is," Lil Shang muttered.

Akiho wasn't exactly thrilled at the fact that there was a lingering sensation of doubt in his mind about Leah's fate.

"Don't tell me you don't have faith in me," Benji said, turning to Akiho.

"Of course not! I always have faith in you Ben," Akiho told him. "But Leah's snaked her way out of trouble before. It's her I don't trust."

"Maybe it's less that Akiho doesn't have faith in Ben and more like he doesn't have faith in the council?" Emir asked.

Elsa sighed. "Sadly I can see why he doesn't...the council doesn't exactly have the best track record for doing their jobs in matters that concern the Isle. He probably thinks we'll just brush it off."

After all, while she only had the two official cronies, Leah was still good at twisting words and crafting a decent argument. She wasn't considered the Queen of Stonewalling by his Aunt Elsa for nothing.

"How dare you!"

"It's the truth Leah," Elsa told her. "Only you could turn a thirty minute meeting into a four hour grind."

But Ben's no slouch when it comes to crafting a decent argument either, he thought as the trio reached the council room. I mean, with all the time he spends with his nose in a book, he'd better be.

"I will take that as a compliment," Benji said with a small chuckle.

"I'm sure I meant it as one," Akiho nodded.

"Akiho?"

His aunt's voice brought the blond out of his thoughts and Akiho smiled at seeing her. Granted, it hadn't been that long since he'd last seen his aunt but that didn't change the fact that he was always happy to see her.

"And I am always happy to see you as well," Elsa told him. "Though I'm sure my scroll-self is worried considering you've never sat in on a council session before."