Chapter Forty Eight

"Hope this reading isn't too strenuous for you Benny," Malinda teased as Benji unfurled his scroll.

Benji shook his head. "Your maman is insane," he said to Malinda's stomach.

Ben didn't know what he had expected when he opened up his wardrobe to get ready for class the day after his date with Mal but it certainly hadn't been this.

"Was it the megaphone made using string, a squirrel, and an already constructed megaphone that was mentioned before?" Carlos asked, slightly timid but his voice growing more and more confident with each scroll.

"Surprisingly it was not," Benji said, shaking his head.

"I have questions," Audie said.

"It was Chip," Ben said with a small shrug.

Audie shook her head. "Why did that just answer all my questions?"

Estelle let out a small whine as he looked around for the squirrel. He still didn't know what it was but the humans kept mentioning it! He wanted to know where it was!

Instead of his usual array of suits, there were numerous shirts and jeans that Ben knew were not his.

"How do you know that? You claim to own clothes other than suits after all," Chad told Ben.

Benji chuckled. "They made it pretty obvious that the clothes in question were not mine."

He had never owned anything with a reindeer on it for instance.

"I think I know who's responsible for the missing suits," Anna said, chuckling slightly as she looked at her son.

"Someone could be framing me," Akiho pointed out.

"Were they?" Chip asked Benji.

"Nope," Benji told him.

"Note to self, get different friends," Ben sighed as he grabbed a short sleeved brown shirt with a reindeer on it and a pair of jeans.

"Like we'd let that happen," Akiho chuckled.

"Yeah we're pretty stuck to you Ben," Emir grinned.

Seriously, I need to figure out if Akiho still has that shirt or can find a way to get Ben that shirt, Malinda thought, biting her lip to keep a slight flush from forming on her cheeks.

While his friends had left him with a suit blazer, it was the green and gold plaid one that even Chip had banned him from wearing claiming it was an eyesore.

"It is an eyesore!" Chip exclaimed. "It should have never been made! Why haven't you burnt that yet?! And what do you mean even Chip?"

I honestly thought Audrey had thrown this out, he thought when he found it in the back of his wardrobe but then shook his head. He wouldn't subject anyone to that.

"One job! You had one job as a fashion obsessed pain in Ben's neck and you couldn't even do that?!"

"Teacup, you might want to calm down," Lucas told him. "You're getting so upset over a suit blazer that you're yelling at a teenager."

Chip gave him a look. "I take it from your reaction that the eyesore has never seen the light of day in your timeline?"

"...I mean Ben hasn't worn it around me so I'm going to say no?"

"Count yourself lucky then."

Not today at least.

"Well that sounds ominous," Rose said, shaking her head.